If you like firm beds this one's for you - if you don't there's not much you can do about it. Room was a little small for my liking but the good thing was an openable window. It's in a tourist-oriented area, so you're away from the more genuine Cape Town, although it is only a 20 minute walk away. If you're concerned about security and personal safety, then a touristy area is probably a good place to stay. It's a five minute walk to the V&A Waterfront, and lots of shops if this is your bent. Staff were quite friendly altho didn't always re-stock the makings of coffee and tea, and on two of the six days had to ask for this to be done. Rooms were kept neat and tidy. Ordered room service once and it was prompt and also good quality food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa