This was our third stay at The Commodore Hotel. It's conveniently situated on the Waterfront in Cape Town, in easy reach of great shopping, restaurants and attractions. I'd made an error in our booking (booked myself in and not my husband, who's birthday the trip was intended to celebrate!) Not to worry Jackie on reception took care or everything and we ended up with a great room with a great view. As noted by another reviewer the hotel lifts were a bit temperamental during our stay but this was a minor issue.
All guests can have free wi-fi access or use the business suite pcs for free which we found useful. The standard of food at the hotel was good together with the service in both the bar and restaurant.
Good things - Cape Town tour bus; the Aquarium; the V&A Hotel (sit outside for a drink, eat good food and watch the world go by with fantastic views of Table Mountain); the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserive (good restaurant there);
Things to avoid - Balthazar's restaurant on the Waterfront - the service was poor and we ended up (after getting chairs etc lifted over our heads) squashed with other diners (we left without finishing our meal)
Partners Hair Salon for women - again on the Waterfront - HUGELY OVERPRICED!!! and with breathtaking attitude. I got ripped off to the tune of just short of £50 for a vry ordinary wash and blowdry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa