It was our second visit to the hotel, and I think it has been showing signs of wear and tear that need to be addressed.
To begin with, with 2 issues this place just can't go wrong: the location is amazing, right next to the Waterfront, and the public areas are superb! The lounge, pool, restaurant are all world-class! And the spa was divine, both in ambiance as in the quality of the message - the best I have EVER had!
The service was amazingly impeccable. We came with some funny demands, all of which were answered and treated at courtesy and a smile, and to our sheer amazement - without a bill!!
The rooms are another story. That they are small we could forgive. That they are across the parking, and that only from the 4th floor up you get a decent view - This we will forgive. But the run-down shower and bathroom, the ugly carpets, and the noisy and VERY OLD air-condition are inexcusable. I am sure that a hotel of that caliber deserves better rooms, as do all the people who are paying top dollars to stay there.
Not too much of an effort, and it is there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa