From the welcome to departure we couldn't fault the service. The staff were always cheerful, friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable. Agree with those that say the A/C is noisy but this was a small matter. Breakfast were plentiful and you have the choice of sitting in the courtyard or inside. The lounge/ bar area was also very comfortable.
The hotel is on the periphery of the V&A waterfront and therefore it was easy to walk to. The concierge were very helpful and provided you with maps to find your way around. Thanks especially to Laurien who rang Table Mountain to check on the queue before we departed in our taxi. The hotel is well known and easy for taxis to find.
The pool area did need a bit of attention with a broom and a scrub around the edge of the pool, I did mention this to one of the management team but nothing happened, which was disappointing.
However, having been booked into a lesser (albeit 4*) hotel, by our tour operator, later in the trip, we were grateful to them for accommodating us for our last two nights in Cape Town. On arriving in the taxi Julio greeted us with a big smile and 'welcome back, welcome home'. We did feel very comfortable there, and the staff were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa