Of course I'm staying in Capetown so it has to be the Commodore, now for around 6 or 7 times. Slightly tired charm, but this time with less evidence of package tourists, and seemingly more business folk. Service in the breakfast room was a little better than last time, but then there were far fewer people too.
The twin beds in the rooms are much less comfortable than the doubles, but thankfully firmer rather than softer. The room service remains eccentric tho. It's a trivial example but........in your room you get two free bottles of water per day, one still one sparkling. I prefer sparkling water and had taken a couple of swigs out of the bottle, leaving the rest for later. So the evening room service come round, remove the unfinished sparkling water (which is clearly my preference) and leave me with the still bottle.........
The London flight gets in at 9.30 and I always request an early check in. Every time they forget this written instruction and I end up hanging around whilst a room is sorted for me. The Wi Fi is pathetic, totally inadequate for streaming music or fading in and out in the bar /lobby area.
The location tho is about as perfect as it gets, being a stone's throw from the V and A Waterfront. And you will get a huge portion of peanuts with a drink from the bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa