We stayed at The Commodore for a few nights in May 2014. We picked the hotel because it was cheap and well located. The location is excellent - just a few minutes walk to the V&A Waterfront where there are tons of shops and restaurants.
We found the staff to be friendly (especially the parking valets) and the free buffet breakfast was pretty good. The breakfast has a mix of hot and cold foods. We found out on our last day that you can get toast if you ask your server - weird they don't have a toaster out. We did not have dinner at the restaurant because there were so many great restaurants within walking distance (our favourite was Mondiall).
The room was pretty basic and outdated and the shower needs an upgrade (water gets everywhere!), as other reviewers have mentioned. We stayed at another Legacy hotel in Joburg on our trip (the Michaelangelo) and it was a few stars ahead of this one. But for the great price and location, we would consider staying at The Commodore again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa