12 of us stayed here for between 3 and 5 nights. The hotel is about 20mins from the airport. Check in was good, no problems.
The rooms were clean and fair sized.
The pool is ok.
Breakfast v. good, staff very helpful and friendly. Bar staff sometimes not giving the correct drinks!
5 mins walk to the waterfront, safe. Work lunch at the V & A hotel, helicopter ride booked at the front was £50 a head for 20mins. Food very good value for money. Worth a visit to Blues seafood restaurant, good food and views fab.
Whale watchin 2 hr drive to Hermanis, can go on boat for 2 hrs £35 or watch from the beach. Nice drive and scenery. If you stop, watch the baboons, they will climb in and wreck your car!
Table mountain, fantastic. Go up on cable car, well worth the visit.
Checking out, we kept the room til 6pm for an extra 600 rand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa