we stayed at the commodore hotel for three nights during a recent holiday to south africa. the hotel was great. the staff were especially helpful and couldnt do enough for you arranging day trips, airport transfers etc. the buffet breakfast was very good and again staff were very attentive. the rooms were very comfortable and clean and we would definately reccommend this hotel.
the only downside for us was the short walk to the waterfront. the distance wasnt a problem but everytime we walked there and back we were approached by people asking for money. most of them seemed harmless(apart from a small group of guys who approached us looking for money which made us feel uneasy) enough although the constant effort to get away for them put a dampener on our stay.
however the hotel itself was lovely and we couldnt fault it in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa