Our last stop in SA and for our last night we headed back to Cape Town and booked the Commodore on Expedia the same morning of our proposed stay. A bit of a panic here as most other hotels in Cape Town showed no availability (I've since learned my lesson and now book at least 24 hours in advance!!!!) - which I think was probably more to do with the booking process on Expedia than anything else!
Anyway, the Commodore was bookable and a reasonably good choice it proved to be - in a good location close to (but not in) the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and at a reasonable price for my very last-minute booking
Excellent service from reception and concierge staff on arrival and again at departure. Hotel has a strong nautical theme. Room not ready at check-in but we were offered refreshments while we waited. A lot of activity/people in public areas.
Smallish bedroom but very comfortable - ours had a magnificent view of Table Mountain. Quiet location. No robes or slippers. Breakfast was included in the price and was excellent - good range of hot and cold items.
Late check out not possible at the time we were there but able to use gym area to freshen up before heading to airport for evening flight back to London. The small pool area looked pleasant enough and had some sun loungers but was always busy: it was also close to an outdoor eating area so didn't provide a lot of privacy or quiet.
Provision of UK (and I think US) electrical sockets at desk was a surprising but very useful addition - perhaps something other hotels should consider.
Would say a high end 4* hotel rather than a 5* but would stay there again if ever back in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa