I enjoyed my visit at the Townhouse Hotel over the Christmas period.
Things I liked:
1. Central city location (away from the beaches unfortunately), within walking distance of several eateries and the Castle of Good Hope. Close to a local police station. About ten minutes drive from Table Mountain and the Waterfront.
2. Well furnished: large television, free wifi and glass-wall bathrooms.
3. Superb view overlooking Capetown City and Table Mountain
4. Restaurant definitely above par: innovative dishes, well prepared and presented.
Things I disliked:
1. Despite the central location there are not too many restaurants or shops close by.
2. No gym, swimming pool or masseuse.
The Townhouse Hotel is a solid four star city hotel in Capetown central. Although the beach is far away, several other tourist attractions are close-by. The restaurant is excellent, the rooms are well-furnished, spacious and boast exquisite views. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town, this Premier 107 roomed four star classified hotel offers the best of modern amenities, including a business centre and secure covered parking. All rooms boast Free high speed internet access. The Townhouse Hotel is a attractive 12 story hotel and is close to the historic South African Parliament Buildings. Other historical and scenic attractions such as Robben Island, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the Table Mountain Cableway are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Townhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Townhouse Hotel Cape Town, South Africa
- Townhouse Cape Town