Townhouse Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Parliament Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Adderley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Kimberley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Southern Sun Cape Sun(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
All reviewscompany gardensdistrict museumlong streettable mountaincentral locationwithin walking distancegreen marketbusiness hoteljunior suitedirect accessparking garagea nice place to staysingle roomdecent hotelgreenmarket squarecomfortable bedrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I selected this hotel because of its central location in town and its reasonable price. I enjoyed staying here for three days. The room was comfortable though not overly large. The room was very light thanks to the four windows, two of which could fortunately be opened. Breakfast was very good and also the bar and lobby were quite nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WilHOegstgeest
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A lovely hotel right in the middle of CPT only a quick taxi ride to the V&A. Great rooms, free wifi and very friendly, accommodating staff BUT was surprised at the high charges for parking your car. Multi storey car park that is attached to the hotel so no hassle but just expensive even for one overnight stay. Disappointing after such a nice stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed here over Christmas and up until New Years and loved this hotel. It was a great retreat from were we live in Tanzania. The room was a little tight for all four of us in our family but we were just sleeping there so it was not to big of a deal. The food at the trees was good. We had breakfast there everyday and even ate dinner there one night.

Though this is a business hotel it was close enough to everything we wanted to do. We just taxied it most days. One day we did walk down to the train station.

Our only complaint that we had was that our shower drain was clogged and flooded the bathroom when my daughter took a shower. I called downstairs and they sent someone up who did not know what to do. He said he had to go and talk with his manager about it. Being in Africa long enough I knew I would not see him again. I used our towels to dry the floor and the next morning I used my Leathermen multi tool to remove the drain and then the hair that was in the drain. I grew up with 3 sisters and now have 2 daughters so it was not a big deal for me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Afogleman
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I enjoyed my visit at the Townhouse Hotel over the Christmas period.

Things I liked:
1. Central city location (away from the beaches unfortunately), within walking distance of several eateries and the Castle of Good Hope. Close to a local police station. About ten minutes drive from Table Mountain and the Waterfront.

2. Well furnished: large television, free wifi and glass-wall bathrooms.

3. Superb view overlooking Capetown City and Table Mountain

4. Restaurant definitely above par: innovative dishes, well prepared and presented.

Things I disliked:
1. Despite the central location there are not too many restaurants or shops close by.

2. No gym, swimming pool or masseuse.

Conclusion
The Townhouse Hotel is a solid four star city hotel in Capetown central. Although the beach is far away, several other tourist attractions are close-by. The restaurant is excellent, the rooms are well-furnished, spacious and boast exquisite views. Recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nightinferno
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The Townhouse Hotel is a well located Hotel in central CP. Parking is cheap. Staff is friendly ans rooms are perfect after the renovation of bathrooms. Breakfast is delicious with a wide range of choice - but Cappuccino is an extra (R16). All in all we can totally recommend that hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple