We stayed here six nights following a world cruise segment ending in Cape Town. I always research hotels carefully, and I couldn't have made a better choice. This hotel is right on the V&A Waterfront, where we had a wonderful buffet breakfast each morning while watching the seals play only a few feet away from our table. The staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly. We had booked a 3rd floor room, and I knew in advance that it would be small with skylights instead of windows.Each morning I awoke with a priceless view of Table Mountain, so the kind of window was of little consequence. Some of our bedrooms at home have clipped ceilings, so we knew what to expect with this type of room. The bathroom had a separate toilet with hand wash basin, a large bathtub, an oversized stall shower, and a large vanity stocked with quality bath amenities. Robes were furnished, as was bottled water, and good internet service. Air conditioning was more than adequate for the hot weather. This hotel does not have a large, fancy lobby, as it merges with the adjoining mall shops, so it is important to know this in advance if you are expecting grandeur. What it does have is comfort, good service and, above all, location. The V&A is right in the middle of all the waterfront activities, all the restaurants, all the craft shops and department stores, and all the access to tourist sites. The Hop On-Hop Off bus is a two-minute walk away (gives easy access to beaches, museums, more craft shopping at Greenmarket Square, Table Mountain cableway, etc), as is the Robben Island Ferry, Aquarium, etc. When our stay ended, we booked our airport transfer through the hotel. We were driven there in a new Mercedes. After seeing all other hotels in the general area, I would not have traded the V&A Waterfront Hotel for any of them, not even the Cape Grace or the One and Only. Again, it is very important to do your research before choosing any hotel. This one was absolutely perfect for our needs and taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa