The hotel is in an excellent position with in the water front, plenty of restaurants and shops with in walking distance. The hotel pool is across the road within a beautiful setting, and it is well worth visiting, even to just to sit and read in the sun. The room was clean and comfortable just as you would expect, for this type of hotel.
On a negative note,
I had arranged well before hand and confirm in writing and verbally when I arrived at the hotel for a hotel shuttle pick up for my husband who arrived at Cape Town Airport very late at night. The shuttle was nowhere to be seen and it was only after a number of phone calls, which were expensive on UK mobiles, that the shuttle arrived. It also cost 50% more than a local taxi would have cost. Next time we will use UniCabs! When I complained the hotel did reduce the shuttle cost, but they didn't offer too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, South African Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa