We arrived in the pouring rain and were greeted very efficiently by the front door staff and directed to a parking space in front of the hotel. As we were early our room wasn't yet ready, so they took our bags and we sat down to a delicious lunch while we waited. Raymond, our waiter, took care of us and was very engaging. The three of us had a large second-floor room with a view of Table Mountain. Everything was extremely comfortable, the laundry excellent and room service very efficient. The food was very good indeed - breakfast was wonderful, with a huge buffet and delicious cooked dishes. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a fantastic location, within a few moments' walk of superb restaurants, bars, shops, boat trips and attractions. We had rented a car at the airport (it's a very easy drive to and from the hotel), so made various trips: the Leopard Bar in the 12 Apostles hotel for sundowners, down to the Cape (where we saw a huge herd of eland), the penguins at Simonstown … We spent two nights in Cape Town and wish it could have been for longer. We'll be back soon and would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa