“It's home!”

Victoria & Alfred Hotel
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This hotel is one of the best hotels we stayed in. The Staff is great. You feel among close friends. Nice rooms, great location, superior staff, great breakfast buffet. My kids had teers in their eyes when it was time to leave.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)

Reviewed 24 February 2010

A great hotel in a great location. From the moment the car park attendent moved the rope to allow tous to park infront of the hotel we felt special. The room was great and we overlooked the mountains and the wharf with seals playing in it. Breakfast was absolutely fab oysters and sparkling wine on the buffet table, you could also order a full english breakfast, eggs benedict, kippers etc.
It is a very special place and I hope to return.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We spent frour nights here at the commencement of a touring holiday. It was a good start. Our very comfortable room faced onto the working harbour and table mountain and I'd recommend this. There was no noise.
Breakfast on the quayside, with seals in the harbour as entertainment, was a real pleasure. The choice of dishes on offer could not have been bettered.
The staff were welcoming and helpful.
We ate out in the evenings at a local fish restaurant, but the hotel menu looked very satisfactory, if one wished to eat 'at home'.
This was a good hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Had a great 3 night stay here in November. Hotel superb, staff very friendly and helpful. Make sure you get a mountain view room, well worth the extra. Booked thro' expedia and got a great deal. Breakfast buffet superb overlooking Bay. Ate in the restaurant on last night and had a great meal at a reasonable price. If new to Cape Town we recommend the city bus tours which cost 10pounds each and last about an hour and a half. You can get on and off whenever you like. We stayed on for the whole circuit first time round to get the full experience and then got off where we wanted to second time around once we knew where we wanted to go. Very comprehensive clear commentry via earphones provided. Unfortunately couldn't get up Table mountain in the cable car as too windy. Great stay in a lovely city.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2010

The hotel is located in a great area, right on the Waterfornt. Tons of restaurants, shops and great atmosphere. The rooms are pretty big but the furnishing is sparse. Nice bathroom and overall the hotel has a very clean and tidy feel. The one big drawback was the staff.
The front desk staff were not very accommodating. I asked for a later checkout and I was repeatedly told that they would not confirm it until the morning of departure. I was also told that I would be charged $100 for a late check out, if I was approved!
I travel quite a bit and I have never experienced a four star hotel telling me that I would be charged $100 for a later checkout nor have I ever been told that I would only be approved the morning of. Not very pleased with customer service.
The restaurant was ok. But the service was terribly slow. I ate there on multiple occasions and each time I had to repeatedly request for the waiter to be sent. There is alot of room for improvement when it comes to staff.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We stayed at the V&A Hotel over the New Year period and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately I had broken my leg shortly before the trip, but the staff were so friendly and helpful that this in no way affected the enjoyment of our stay. A great example of this was New Year's Eve which we spent at Baia, a nearby restaurant. Not only did the staff get hold of a wheelchair for me as it was too far too crutch, but a porter wheeled me there and wheeled me back again which was a massive help on such a busy night.
Rooms were nice and very clean and the terrace, with its view of Table Mountain, superb for breakfast and cocktails alike. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashers98
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This hotel may be expensive but it is perfectly located on the waterfront within walking distance of hundreds of shop, restaurants and entertainment. The room are very roomy and plush. You must have a mountain view as we don't see the point of staying here otherwise. The opposite side of the hotel overlooks the car park.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple