“Loved Everything About It”

Victoria & Alfred Hotel
Ranked #25 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 16 May 2010

The room was spacious and clean, the restaurant had a wonderful view, great food and the sommelier recommended some delicious wines and brought some for us to taste.
All the staff were so friendly and accomodating. Great shops and restaurants within walking distance. There's an outdoor pool in a beautiful garden setting across the street.
I'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Victoria & Alfred Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2010

What can I say that haven't been said before. Location was superb and handy to all the attractions of the waterfront. Service, oh well, the best, food excellent, and the nicest staff you'll ever meet. What it was supposed to be a 5 night stay, turned out to be a 9 night stay due to the volcano eruption in Iceland and Heathrow being closed. If I had to be stranded anywhere can't think of a better place to be. Bobby, the Day Manager was just the greatest, even offering me a 20% discounted rate on the days I was stranded there, and calling and paying for an IT technician to fix my laptop that was on the brink. Clint (Sp?), the General Manager was also very kind. But who can possibly forget Jessica, the best restaurant hostess in the universe? I miss your beatiful smile waiting for me with a glass of champagne and ready to sit me at a table for breakfast. And of course, i will not forget Antonio and Charlotte, who spoiled me rotten with the best service possible of any restaurant. I miss you guys. And last but not least, Melissa, the Concierge, who got me home despite a very uncooperative American Airlines staff. Thank you all.
Just another note, of the 2 weeks plus that I spent in South Africa (half of the trip was spent at Madikwe in the bush), the only rain I saw was a few hours one morning in Cape Town. The weather was superbly sunny, with temps in the 70's and low 80's daytime.
If planning to be in Cape Town, make the V & A Hotel your home away from home. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the V&A hotel for the first half of our vacation. I cannot fault this hotel, the room, the service, the staff and the food was all absolutely superb. We travelled on to Kruger Park for a week then returned to Cape Town for the last leg of our vacation, but this time we stayed at the 5* Westin Grand. I can honestly say the Westin Grand was not a patch on V&A. Each morning we left the Westin (which is located a short distance from the waterfront) and we walked to the V&A for a waterfront breakfast as we were missing the warmth and hospitality of the staff and the fantastic champagne breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2010

This hotel was just fantastic!! Its right on the waterfront overlooking Table mountain and the V & A waterfront! The location was perfect and our room was excellent! We were on our honeymoon so we were upgraded to a suite which was amazing! The manager himself showed us to our hotel room and once inside there was rose pettles all over our bed, a bottle of champagne on ice, beautiful bouquet of lillies and Strawberries and cream with chocolate dipping sauce! It was so impressive!!

Our room was huge and we had a big floor to celing window which was really like a door because it opened right out and overlooked the waterfront and Table mountain! Its was just spectacular! Breakfast was included in our room and you could have whatever you wanted! There was a buffet of all fresh fruit and pastries or else you could order off the menu where you could have anything from boiled eggs to omelettes! Breakfast was fantastic

The staff couldn't have been more helpful it was just a really nice hotel and we will 100% be returning again in the future. I wouldn't change a thing about our stay in the V&A hotel in fact if we were going back i would want everything to be the exact same! !!Just spectacular! Book this hotel its just heaven!!!!!!!!!! The location was perfect in the middle of everything, walking distance to all major tourist attractions including boat trip to Robin Island. Would recommend doing the hop on hop off bus fantastic for sight seeing outside the waterfront area. When your booking ensure you request a room overlooking the V & A waterfront and table mountain there the best!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This hotel is one of the best hotels we stayed in. The Staff is great. You feel among close friends. Nice rooms, great location, superior staff, great breakfast buffet. My kids had teers in their eyes when it was time to leave.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2010

A great hotel in a great location. From the moment the car park attendent moved the rope to allow tous to park infront of the hotel we felt special. The room was great and we overlooked the mountains and the wharf with seals playing in it. Breakfast was absolutely fab oysters and sparkling wine on the buffet table, you could also order a full english breakfast, eggs benedict, kippers etc.
It is a very special place and I hope to return.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We spent frour nights here at the commencement of a touring holiday. It was a good start. Our very comfortable room faced onto the working harbour and table mountain and I'd recommend this. There was no noise.
Breakfast on the quayside, with seals in the harbour as entertainment, was a real pleasure. The choice of dishes on offer could not have been bettered.
The staff were welcoming and helpful.
We ate out in the evenings at a local fish restaurant, but the hotel menu looked very satisfactory, if one wished to eat 'at home'.
This was a good hotel.