We stayed 10 days while touring Cape Town and the area. Our room overlooked the city, with Table Mountain in the distance. It was spacious and well appointed, although felt like it could use an updating. It was very comfortable for our fairly long stay. We had a rental car which was kept just outside the front door, making it very easy to come and go.
The included breakfast was good, but the service was a daily joke for our family. It was often close to impossible to get a second cup of coffee or something extra. There was plenty of staff, but they didn't seem to think serving the customers was part of their jobs. Annoying, but also quite funny.
We enjoyed the location at the waterfront. There are loads of restaurants within a 5 minute walk, a huge shopping mall and lots of tourist shops. That's also the problem with the area - it's very touristy and commercial. It's nice to be able to walk to a restaurant after touring, although you have to be careful to find a good restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa