“Service excellence”

Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Ranked #74 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I visited the sea point protea hotel and the service was terrific the manager left champagne and chocolates in my room it was just that personal touch that me and my wife needed to get our anniversary off to the right start the pool the room service everything was amazing I've visited a lot of hotels but I think the seapoint protea hotel out shines them all

• Stayed: January 2014
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear godluvs

Thank you for staying with us choosing to share your anniversary with us.

We wish you many more happy years to come.

We are always in search of excellence and I will make sure to share your compliments with the TEAM.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lovely hotel! Staff were excellent, rooms comfortable and clean. Great view from balcony. You can dine at the Seven Spur right on the premises, one of the few spurs were the food tastes as good as it smells! The hotel is in a great location to explore and go for walks. Nestled between the sea and the mountain, really stunning.

Room Tip: Loved our balcony suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Ann H

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review.

The rooms with the balcony are amazing to enjoy the fresh air and beautiful view. The pool deck on the 4th floor is also a great option and being on the Atlantic Seaboard gives you access to Cape Town and Camps Bay.

There are many more restaurants to choose from within walking distance from the hotel and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon to explore more.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

11 Jan 2014 , my friends and i celebrated our friendship at the hotel . Everything and everyone was perfect . Room 616 the breakfast and lovely staff we wil never forget there kindness towards us. Indeed enjoyd our stay and will be back very soon . Miss Jacobs

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank liezel j
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Lie88

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your celebration with Protea Hotel Sea Point – we are truly honoured.

We are always in search of excellence and I will share your comments with my TEAM.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Been going to the hotel for 7 years now.Every time my family and I return its like going home, with the warmest welcome and smiles ( yes, Melanie, Avril, Theo and Patrick, those are super BIG SMILES). Great position.Affordable,lovely new rooms,clean,smells of the stunning ocean.Jeremy and Claire are the ones to contact for reservations,they will go out of their way for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Joel H

Thank you for staying at Protea Hotel Sea Point again and for taking the time to write a review.

The TEAM aims to provide the best GUEST service and I will make sure to pass along your compliments. The renovations were certainly a great success and the beach house look and feel have been received very well by regular travellers such as yourself and new GUESTS as well.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back again this festive season.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We booked into the Protea Sea Point over the December holiday and it ended up being a nightmare ! The first day we arrived the air-conditioner wasn't working and so we had workers fixing it for half the day and we had to wait there for them to finish. Then the following day the safe wasn't working with all of our stuff inside it. Once again we had to wait for the hotel staff to come open and fix it - while seeing all of our valuables inside.

The day after that we had a wedding and the gift was in the safe - when we were leaving for the wedding I went to open the safe and once again it wasn't working. The staff came up again to open it - this resulted in us running 45 minutes late for the wedding.

There were also hygiene issues - I found 3 long black hairs on my bath towel and I'm blonde ...

The wood in the bathroom was rotting from being wet and there was a constant smell in the room.

We eventually took it up with management who seemed to be very apologetic and offered us certain compensation, saying they would email us the details. However we didn't receive the email and when we eventually contacted them they weren't willing to give everything that was promised.

On a whole a very very unpleasant stay!!! I would strongly recommend you look else where for accommodation.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank G707
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear G707

Thank you for staying at Protea Hotel Sea Point.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay experience. This is not the brand experience we strive to deliver. We are in the process of delivering the promises made to you on departure.

I can assure you that we are always in search of excellence and we look forward to welcoming you back to experience true Protea Hospitality.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in December 2013. Was a great location for our stay in Cape Town. It is not central, but for us that was great as it made us see more of the city than we would if we have stayed in the centre. Clean good size rooms, good breakfast and good service. A small pool and sun deck - that we did not try. Would have no problems recommending this hotel to anyone visiting Cape Town

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oggen
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Oggen

Thank you for staying with us. It looks like you made the best of your time in Cape Town with all the experiences you had.

We wish you many more safe and pleasant travels and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I work offshore in the oil industry, my Company booked a day-room for me at this hotel to use whilst I waited for my evening flight home. I arrived at 09:30, and was still waiting for my room at 12:00 - clearly a 'Day Room" doesn't translate easily, to me it means a room available during the day - or did I miss something??

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank richdolby
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear richdolby

Please accept our apologies for the miscommunication between your crew and the hotel. We were not expecting your arrival until late afternoon. I understand that this cannot make up for the short time you had to get ready for your connecting flight and it's most certainly not the GUEST experience we want to deliver.

Please let me know when you are next in Cape Town so we can ensure your room is ready upon arrival.