“An historic gem in Cape Town”

Cape Heritage Hotel
Ranked #10 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Cape Heritage was our first hotel in a trip in and around Cape Town.
We arrived early in the morning, tired and dishevelled, following an overnight flight from Switzerland via the UK.
Whilst our reserved room was not available, an alternative was offered. We decided to wait for our reserved Junior Suite, and I'm glad we did.
Cape Heritage is clearly a labour of love. A beautifully restored property located in a city block of historic buildings. Our room had the most wonderful wooden floor, that did not run parallel to the ceiling - well what do you expect after 250 years!
The staff were extremely helpful, always happy to assist in booking tours, making recomendations and generally ensuring the guests were well looked after.
Would we return to Cape Heriage? Without a doubt - YES

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Insteadofkids
There are newer reviews for Cape Heritage Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We arrived late(9pm) and everything about the hotel was great. The "food court" gave us our first glimpse of all the great SA wine we could drink and at those incredible prices, you can drink a lot!
Room was lovely, nice linens, very clean and super tub! (plus nice shower). The breakfast was over the top delicious and both buffet offerings and menu. All part of your room rate.
Great,hospitable service too.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KenyalionNewYorkCity
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at Cape Heritage in May and found it to be a lovely boutique hotel with a great location in Cape Town. The room was spacious and very well decorated. The breakfast was enormous and the hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We would definitely stay there again if we come back to Cape town. A gem!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana235
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 days during our trip in CapeTown. It's a beautiful boutique hotel with some of the best staff and service we've seen on all of our travels. It's centrally located, a short 15-20 min. walk to the waterfront and near a lot of little authentic restaurants and a local crafts market. The rooms are all unique and different and well maintained. The breakfast in the morning is very good, lots of fruit, meats and cheeses along with fresh pastries. You can also order a hot breakfast which is also included. Hotel is also attached to a very charming courtyard and wine bar. The best part of this hotel was by far the staff. They are extremely helpful with all of your needs and are pleasant, friendly and exceptional.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a suite and the room was quite large with a separate sitting area.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seetheworld26
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Cape Heritage Hotel was perfect! The rooms are very nice and affordable compared to waterfront prices and probably nicer then most. I have no complaints. Good breakfast, very helpful staff and beautiful rooms. Centrally located to all main attractions of cape town. Definite recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PNI-FSM
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

My stay at this WONDERFUL hotel has prompted me to write my first review ever!

Not only is the hotel itself situated in an ideal location, but it is gorgeous. And beyond that, the staff are absolutely wonderful!
The hotel is walking distance from long street and has quite a wide variety of restaurants adjacent to it. We stayed there for a week with our 3 year old and recieved suparb service from the staff who were always willing to help.

Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MasumaAhmed
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The Cape Heritage Hotel is simply perfect in every detail. I have stayed there twice now, about 12 days each time, in April 2011 and April 2012. I want to tell you some of the things about it that I really love.
ACCOMMODATIONS This is a kind of boutique hotel, some twenty rooms total, that is small enough to offer incredibly warm and personal service, while not so small that you feel you have no privacy, which I sometimes feel in a bed and breakfast. The hotel is in an historic house with gorgeous architecture and exquisite décor. A mixture of beautiful antiques and well-curated township art gives a unique and very local flavor.
Each room is completely unique, as you can see from their website. I’ve peeked into every room and I can tell you there isn’t a single room in the bunch that isn’t lovely, though they all have different features. What struck me over all is an incredible attention to detail, an apparent commitment to just sumptuous comfort, and the most marvelously appointed bathrooms I have ever encountered.
LOCATION. The hotel is one of several buildings that surround Heritage Square, a cobblestone courtyard served by several restaurants as well as the hotel’s own breakfast and tea service under the incredible old grapevine. Heritage Square is obviously a much–loved spot for the locals and it’s wonderful to have such a beautiful place to relax at any hour of the day, so handy. Cape Heritage is just three short blocks from Greenmarket Square, right by Pan African market, and all the cool shopping and restaurants on Long Street. It’s a wonderful area for walking around, safe and conveniently central. I’ve spent time at the Waterfront and it, and of course the coast as well are beautiful but staying there, you’re pretty much limited to hanging out at the V & A mall area. I don’t know about you, but I certainly didn’t go to South Africa to hang out at a shopping mall. Moreover, my colleagues who stayed at the waterfront paid almost half again as much as I did at Cape Heritage for a similar quality of hotel. So, I find the Cape Heritage to be an incredible VALUE as well. But what I appreciate the most about this hotel is something you can’t really buy for any price. It’s the extraordinary kindness of the SERVICE staff. Yes, they are attentive, efficient, knowledgeable, rigorous, and thoroughly professional, but more than that, every single staff person just seems to enjoy being there and to take real heartfelt pleasure in helping you get the most out of your time. I watched them help a number of people on any number of queries and requests and I have to conclude that this is just extraordinary hospitality. A perfect experience at a perfect hotel.
(Do be aware that a few of the rooms overlook the courtyard and you can hear the murmur of voices and tinkle of wine glasses in the evening. On Friday and Saturday there is music until 12:30, but I recommend you go out and join the fun! It will be quiet promptly at 12:30 on those nights.)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo