“Great hotel in good location.”

Cape Heritage Hotel
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Scotland
“Great hotel in good location.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights in this hotel.Lovely room with comfortable bed and balcony to sit out on.The bathroom was huge with a powerful shower and a free standing bath.Could not have wished for better.The hotel provides lots of little extra touches that make your stay really special.The staff are both friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble.They happily provided us with an earlier breakfast due to early morning flight.Hope to visit this wonderful city again some day and will definitely stay at Cape Heritage.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Reviewed 26 September 2013

If you are looking for a conveniently-located, quality hotel in Cape Town, look no further than Cape Heritage. I actually came to Cape Heritage from another hotel which did not have availability for the full length of my stay. I had enjoyed my time at my previous hotel, so was slightly apprehensive at the time. However, I should have known I was in for a treat when even the proprietor of my first hotel admitted that Cape Heritage was her favourite hotel in Cape Town! I can only echo the positive experiences of earlier reviewers. Friendly staff, attentive service, great decor - I had a truly enjoyable stay. I was a solo traveller and felt comfortable throughout my stay. My room was spacious, with a luxurious adjoining bathroom. I really appreciated the personal touches - for example, the large welcome cookie, the weather updates provided each evening and the turn down service. Breakfast was great; the hotel is also close to really good restaurants if you would like to eat out for dinner (I highly recommend Bizerca Bistro and Savoy Cabbage just next door).

All in all, a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 September 2013

As a solo traveller spending a week in Cape Town I chose this hotel because of its location and the fact that it isn't big and impersonal. I stayed in Room 106, a suite in front of the hotel, very convenient. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was the best I've been offered with a wide selection of prepared to order cooked breakfasts as well as fresh fruit, bakery items, cereals & yoghurt that kept me going until dinner. The bath had a separate shower and a lovely tub for soaking, bath salts provided. Both room and bath were spotless and I enjoyed the nightly turn down and cookie. A good and reasonably priced selection in the minibar.
There were just two negatives worth noting: street noise was disturbing on the one evening nice enough to have patrons sitting outside at the bistro below my window; lights in bathroom and next to bed were not powerful enough so I ended up applying makeup and reading at the desk with the strongest bulb. Overall I was very happy with my stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Reviews are nothing but subjective. I can't really compare and say you must stay here on your visit but below are some wonderful experience I want to share with you. I hope, for you readers, will find that the Cape Heritage Hotel as lovely a place as I have found it. It really is the most wonderful boutique hotel I have ever stayed in.

Here's why:
- The staff, they are just incredibly helpful and friendly/
- The room - probably the most important - amazingly spacious and comfortable, lovely individual decor for each room, simply top notch! (oh and the evening turn down service - perfect)
- The bathroom, for ladies and us gents, it is all you can ask for. Although some rooms are nicer than others, by hey it comes with bath salts, what more do you need after a long day of sight seeing?
- Other facilities, bearing in mind it is not a five star or a normal "hotel", there is no swimming pool or gym but the two lounges are plentiful. Free WiFi, car parking, excellent breakfast, I think you are pretty much set.
- Location, Long Street and the main town centre is just a short walk away. With the car park right outside the hotel, V&A Waterfront is only a short drive away.

All in all, I think this is a great place to stay for singletons like me or any couples and families traveling.

In the interest of balance, here are a small few things that can improve.
- The WiFi was great in most place, except as I was staying in that lovely room at the back of the hotel, the signal was a little weak and the iPhone and iPad struggled at times to keep the connection.
- TV, I know not all rooms are created equal, but a larger one would be well received.
- Hot water, I did have issues with this one evening, but I was quickly given access to another room. Thank you!

Room Tip: My little spy tells me, even the basic rooms are wonderful. Having said that, why not spend a few...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our anniversary trip to South Africa. We felt very safe, even walking around at night.

The hotel room and bathroom were very spacious, clean and comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms are huge, close to CBD and CTICC. Much better than any corporate hotel chain in Cape a town. HQ restaurant doubles up as the Hotel bar and restaurant and has a great vibe as long as you eat stake.

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel really surpassed my expectations. The room was incredibly nice and well furnished, with huge shuttered windows and a range of comfortable furniture. The bathroom was also clean and elegant. The hotel is perfectly positioned to explore the centre of the city yet away from the noise of Long Street. I've been to Cape Town several times and whenever I need to stay near the centre I'll aim to stay here if possible from now on. Lovely yard out the back with vines and a gallery too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business