Stayed 4 nights 3/31-4/3. Was very looking forward to it because of the great pictures and reviews online. Turned out to be SUPER DISAPPOINTED.
1. Got Room 110:
- Horrible and weird decor. Strong colors, and pictures of people's faces on the wall. It's so creepy that my husband and I had a hard time falling asleep. Every time we open our eyes we see the faces on the wall staring at us. How uncomfortable! Animal skin prints and fur everywhere in the room.
- Room is right above a club. Drunk people partied till 3am. Noisy and the cigarette smoke went upstairs and I could smell it from this room.
2. Complained and got 'upgrade' to a junior suite Room 106. Not much better.
- Decor gone wrong again. Lots of antiques that squeaks and smells really old. Equally creepy. Strong colors like dark red, dark brown, black, everywhere. Carpet is very dirty.
- Bad design. For example: Shampoo rack in the shower is placed so high that I could barely reach. Sink faucet bigger than the sink, causes water to splash everywhere. Shower has the overhead rainfall design but no handheld shower head (seriously?). Leaky roof. Squeaky floor. Chandelier blocked by the bed canopy, so basically no light in the room, very dark. Talk about bad and impractical design.
3. As for the hotel itself: Still creepy decors everywhere. Hallway is dim and smells old. lots of huge antique art pieces that doesn't look artsy at all. The name "Heritage" really means "heritage". Everyday I kept wondering why people gave such good reviews. I even questioned if the hotel is haunted. That's how scary it felt. Breakfast was acceptable.
We basically had horrible 4 nights of sleep, couldn't wait to get out of there.
To add to that, one more horrible thing: When we arrived they told us to park our car across the street at the public parking lot, cost is covered by the hotel. When we were checking out, they told us it's NOT free and we had to pay for it. Front desk person was rude and all he wants is my credit card. Talk about horrible customer service! Why say it's 'covered by the hotel' when it's NOT. Didn't ask how my stay was, didn't care about my feedback.
Totally will NOT recommend this place. And I highly suggest the hotel to find a new interior designer to fix your decor. There's a huge difference between 'vintage' and 'creepy'. Currently the hotel is on the CREEPY side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Heritage Square in the heart of Cape Town, the Cape Heritage is a boutique four star hotel that is historic and contemporary; intimate and lively; and stylish and cozy. Originally built in 1771, the hotel has 17 individually decorated bedrooms, which not only retain the charm of the past but are also equipped with an array of modern comforts. The hotel opens out onto a courtyard that houses the oldest living grapevine in South Africa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Heritage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Town Heritage Hotel
- Cape Heritage Hotel Cape Town, South Africa