“Incredible Find”

Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
El Paso
“Incredible Find”
Reviewed 29 October 2009

This boutique hotel is just wonderful. It has been fully refurbished, yet it feels like home. The rooms are spacious with brand new bathrooms and nice linens. The breakfast that was included was plentiful with fresh fruit, cereals, cheeses, etc. and you could order full breakfasts if you wanted. The staff really made the stay incredible - we felt like family. The location was perfect with plenty of restaurants nearby. We'll definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Stockholm
Reviewed 4 October 2009

The place is quit nice, but not worth the nowadays high price.

We where disapointed about the security. When we arrived we asked the staff to show us how the safe was working, they said yes shure - we will send somebody up. But nobody ever came and we later forgot about it. When we left we found out that our USD had been stolen. Since we where in a hurry catching a plane we didn´t make big thing out of it.

Breakfast is not very impressing and the babysitting they are talking about on the web was not arrangeable in real life.

A nice thing is the little square inside of the hotel, packed with restaurants.Very convienent, specially with kids on the evenings.

A more resonable price for this kind of hotel would be max 1500 rand. If you can afford more, go to Mount Nelson or some real luxury hotel instead of Cape Heritage.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 19 September 2009

The Cape Heritage Hotel was recommended to me by a friend - they described it as a hidden gem and they were absolutely right. We arrived around 10am in the morning and the staff immediately looked after us and served us a wonderful breakfast and great coffee. The staff were so attentive, without being intrusive and couldn't be more helpful in introducing us to Cape Town and suggesting things for us to do.

We were put into one of the new rooms and it was spacious, stylish with plenty of room for 3 girls. The bathroom was huge and could cater for us all getting ready at the same time - the double basins, large mirror, walk in shower and bath were brilliant. We had a balcony overlooking the court yard with sofas as well as another small living area which we used as a dressing room/wardrobe!

On our first morning we woke early and enjoyed coffee up on the roof top terrace sitting with our feet in the jacuzzi and enjoyed the sunrise. Again the staff were brilliant and accommodating our demands, regardless of the time of day! They also arranged a days hiking for us with a fantasitc guide (Patrick the frenchman from Cape Escape Tours) - We hiked up the mountain from the Botanical Gardens and it was very special as it was a beautiful day and Patrick was a very knowledgable guide and able to answer our continuous questions about the area. I would recommend hiking Table Mountain as you can stay away from the tourists and enjoy the scenery in peace.

Upon return from our days hiking, the guys at the hotel were there on hand to get us some lovely wine for us to drink before we went for dinner at Fork in Long Street.

We were very sad to leave the Cape Heritage and made a point for being nosey and looking in all of the other rooms whilst they were being cleaned! They are all lovely! I cannot recommend this hotel enough - When we arrived in our next hotel in Stellenbosche we received a message to say that I had left my credit card at the Cape Heritage, but not to worry, one of the staff were going to drive out and bring it to us. Now that is service.

I would like all of the staff for a wonderful stay, I know I will be back at some point.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights. The room was spacious and nice, but a little dark and there were bugs flying around everywhere because housekeeping left the windows wide open (and there are no screens). The common areas were nice (although the internet is quite spotty). The staff were always so friendly and polite. The only problem is, they just aren't that bright. They got the time for the Table Mountain cable cars wrong so when we got there, they said they had closed an hour prior. I had received restaurant recs from the tripadvisor forums and each morning or evening that I asked for directions to the restaurant, it was the biggest struggle for them. Our last day, I got smart and asked them before I even ate breakfast. I wrote the name down on a piece of paper. We leisurely ate breakfast as they frantically tried to get directions. We finished breakfast, and both my husband and I spent 5 minutes each on the computer to check e-mail. Still no directions. We went back to our room to freshen up for a few minutes. When we returned, they were still on the phone with the poor woman from the restaurant. It literally took them over 30 min to get directions to a world renowned restaurant (La Colombe). The thing that really angered us, though, was that they missed 2 of 4 wake up calls. We went downstairs the first morning they forgot the call and when we told them, they said it wouldn't happen again. Our last morning, our call was 45 min late. When we picked up the phone, they seemed somewhat apologetic, but I still feel like they probably should try to get a system in place where they just make the wake up calls on time. Anyway, I have quite a few friends visiting Cape Town between now and the World Cup. I'd love to recommend this hotel, but I just can't. It'll make me look like an idiot if they get the same type of service I did.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank usckim01
London
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Wow! Definitely one of the best hotels we stayed in during our two week trip along the Garden Route. Our room was spacious, clean and modern, with a bathroom big enough for three girls to get ready at the same time! The rain shower in particular was fabulous.
But more than the rooms it was the staff that made our stay so special. They just could not do enough for us (and believe me we can be quite demanding)! They were happy to chat to us over breakfast and helped us with several arrangements including finding us a fantastic guide (Patrick) to accompany us on our climb up Table Mountain (Skeleton Gorge).
I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cape Town.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2009

This hotel is a little gem - perhaps that's why it's won the travellers choice award a number of times? The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and go out of their way to ensure you have everything you need. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and all totally different - if they're not busy they will let you swap rooms should you fancy staying somewhere different each night! Location couldn't be better - on a block with a ton of trendy bars and restaurants (all of which are related to the hotel, not that you'd know it). If you like steak and have a wife who spends too long chosing her meal (or husband, his meal) then you must go to HQ steakhouse next to the hotel - you'll see what I mean. Walking distance to all the main sights of Cape Town - even the bottom of the cableway if you're feeling up for a hike. It also has the oldest fruiting vine in South Africa, or so they claim, which reaches out over the glorious centre courtyard.

My only gripe is that parking at the local car park isn't included, and we were never told this. Still it's cheap so it doesn't really matter!

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband and I couldn't believe how wonderful this hotel turned out to be. Beautiful and charming, our room was gorgeous, HUGE, and so comfortable. I would have paid just to stay in the bathroom, which was to die for! Not only is this hotel in a great location to explore the city--the staff are incredibly helpful at arranging reservations for anything/anywhere you would want to go--but it is cozy enough to make you want to stay in and just lounge! We spent several afternoons having tea by the fire in the common rooms. Breakfast is delicious (as are the snacks that were left for us in our room on arrival) and the service is above and beyond what I have experienced anywhere else. I have never felt so pampered and taken care of, and in such a warm and personal way. We had mentioned that it was our anniversary, and the staff left us roses and champagne (great champagne, too) in our room--yet another gesture that contributed to a romantic and relaxing stay. Needless to say, we will be back the next time we are in SA, and will recommend this place to anyone staying in Capetown.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple