“Excellent in Every Way”

Cape Heritage Hotel
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 17 July 2010

My husband and I loved staying at the Cape Heritage. Service was top-notch from B and the rest of the staff; as soon as you inquired about something they quickly took care of whatever you needed (e.g., taxi, laundry, ironing, booking activities). The room was very spacious and comfortable; the bathroom was gorgeous. Breakfast was delicious and included a myriad of choices (hot breakfast made to order). Great location for walking to Long Street and Greenmarket Square, and even to V&A Waterfront (was nice being close after one of the World Cup games at Greenpoint). We liked being able to go next door to Caveau for an after dinner drink or late snack. Wi-fi worked really well, although they do have a computer in one of the main rooms for guests to use as well. Close proximity to lots of restaurants, like Jardine.
We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2010

Even before I arrived in Cape Town, I knew this hotel was special. For months I planned the trip with Kelly, just one of the amazinnng staff of the Cape Heritage, who helped me with every crazy reservation request I had during world cup fever. And the second we stepped in this perfect boutique hotel, we were 100% charmed. The staff is not just friendly, but helpful, funny, creative, and always smiling. It happened to be my birthday while I was there, and the staff had put "happy birthday" signs all over the hotel, in the breakfast room, and greeted me with a special crepe and the entire staff sang happy birthday to me. It was unbelievable. If you have the occasion to spend your holiday there, do not hesitate. You will fall in love with everything from their superb bathrooms to their delicious breakfasts, and its perfect central location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Location- city centre but still accessible to every part of Cape town
Rooms- Stayed in 2 different rooms as was there over 10 days at 2 seperate times. Even though room 115 has a Bath Tub in the room it is still a great room but Rooms 116 and 117 is really great with access to two balcony areas which overlook the restaurant /cafe .
Staff- Simply the best hotel staff I have ever encountered to my experience.
Being with a group of 7 people , we had a lot of questions and requests and the staff always had an answer for us and were very helpful through out.
I had to leave quickly for the airport after the last football match and this was arranged as well and I didn't miss my flight.
After 7 days there, It felt very cosy and comfortable and the staff also figured my breakfast after 2 days when they saw me entering the breakfast room.
Overall I have to admit that even though that there may be one or two things that can be improved such as the internet but overall my experience at Cape Heritage was amazing and I will definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Cape Town.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I've been meaning to review this hotel since I got back from beautiful cape town ( dec 09). Staying there made our experience in cape town even better. The courtyard for coffee and toast in the morning, we even ate at the resturant twice both times very good. Love the location we walked to bars in the neighborhood easily and felt very safe. We were 3 girls in our late 20's and heard cape town can be a dangerous city. The staff helped us along the way every morning and planed some activities. Wine tour was the best! Over all I wasore than happy with our stay at the hotel and the artwork alone in the halls and rooms are worth the stay

Reviewed 5 April 2010

a truly unique hotel with 5 star service without the stuffiness. just enough to make you feel pampered and at the same time feel very comfortable. the place itself is beautiful and i wish i had to chance to stay in each unique room. the location is central to where i wanted to go in cape town. a 10 min walk nightlife/bars yet far enough to have a peaceful and quiet night. its also a 10 min cab ride to the waterfront/convention center area.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Centrally located in the hustle and bustle of Cape Town, Cape Heritage provides calm and character in a period building with an eclectic mix of furniture and art. And as a couple who generally do prefer hotels to guesthouses, it offered the charm and friendliness of a guesthouse with the benefits of a hotel environment - Sam and her lovely team were attentive without being overbearing and helpful with any requests or queries.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Centrally located in Cape Town in a renovated historical block full of pleasant bars and restaurant, this small hotel is set in a beautiful historical palace. It is beautifully decorated in a personal, cozy way and offers an amazing level of service. Staff is friendly, easy-going and yet very professional. An excellent experience, warmly recommended to woever travels to Cape Town, be it for work or on holiday.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business