Either my standards have dropped or Southern Sun The Cullinan is better than it was in 2009! Certainly it is better value - R1 900 a weekday night then and R1 300 a night now (before R110 continental breakfast). I stayed one night for business - arrived late and checked out after breakfast. Checkin/out was quick and efficient. Room was good - could do without the second double bed though. Bathroom was very good, and the power shower the best I have had in a hotel. Sleep quality very good.
Breakfast at the Cullinan is superb as always. Very impressive lobby and public spaces. Free basement parking. Attentive staff - especially the porters - for example the elevator from the basement parking to the lobby was out of order and a porter was stationed at both the top and bottom of the single flight of stairs to give directions and assist with luggage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only The Cullinan Hotel offers views of all of the Mother City’s main attractions: Table Mountain, the harbour and ocean, the V&A Waterfront and the city skyline. Marble pillars and floors and lush furnishings, transport guests into a world of luxury complete with individualized four-star services. A pool and gym offer the perfect way to relax after a day of business meetings or sightseeing and the choice of bars and restaurants is sure to meet everyone’s tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, bedfinder AG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun The Cullinan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cullinan
- Cullinan Hotel Cape Town
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Cape Town, South Africa