2,105 results
All reviews free shuttle convention center tsogo sun shuttle service breakfast buffet beautiful hotel excellent stay business hotel water front easy access waterfront area our honeymoon table mountain long street south africa conference cticc
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Just completed a four day break spent at The Cullinan in Capte Town. Excellent position its a short walk or shuttle into the Warefront if you want the activity of the bustling tourist attraction. Alternatively its a comforatble walk into the more traditional centre of the City where the real people are. Facilities are brilliant - outstanding foyer and a facade that could be off putting - but once you meet the staff they make you feel right at home, form the guy on the garage security through to the duty manager. They all seem to be on personality pills!!
Pool area is very attractive if only for a cocktail. Rooms are very comforatbale and well appointed. Room service is swift and the food is equally good either in room or in the restaurant.

Room tip: There are no bad rooms.
Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank Frank S
GarryReed, General Manager at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
In a world where time is a precious commodity, I am humbled that you were able to find the time to provide us with such positive feedback.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the warm hospitality we are famous for. I will be sure to share your comments and feedback with our team.
Please feel free to contact me on your next trip; I would like to welcome you personally.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Great rooms and lobby. Nice, free amenities. Beautiful lobby and pool. Well stocked buffet restaurant. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Staff is always on hand. Absolutely clean, as are most luxury places in Siurh Africa.

Date of stay: December 2012
GarryReed, General Manager at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your kind comments and feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Regards

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Exceptional 5 star service. The rooms are clean and the beds are oh so comfortable! The pool area is on the ground floor of the hotel and is great place to relax with an afternoon drink, breakfast is incredible and so is the dinner buffet. Room service meals are also nice. I would stay here again 100%.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GarryReed, General Manager at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced our warm hospitality. Our staff are renowned for delivering world class service and once again I can see you experienced just that.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

As usual, the lobby terrace is beautiful especially in summer time where people can set-up meetings and sit by the pool and relax or just talk the whole day.

Staff are very helpful and overall hotel amenities are adequate. I couldn't say much about this hotel since this is just another good hotel. Parking is convenient in basement if you drive a car. Location-wise, pretty strategic, though you would need a car or taxi to go to the Waterfront (very touristic place and expensive). I'd advise go to Canal Walk mall for the locals, at least the price are reasonable.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out to supply us with your feedback and comments. I will be sure to share them with our team.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed at The Cullinan for the first part of our honeymoon booked through a travel agent. The hotel is very kept very clean, beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent! The staff were very friendly and courteous, which really made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. The Cullinan really tries to made your stay a memorable one, with someone playing the saxophone in the morning, smoothies offered when entering the breakfast area, afternoon drinks and snacks for self serve at the lobby, and extremely helpful staff by the doors willing to assist you in anyway. The free shuttle to the V&A waterfront was an extra plus. Only suggestion is, I wish the hotel would offer free wifi.

Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team looked after you.
Thank you for the kind comments in regard to the entertainment and the welcome drinks, I will ensure we share it with the relevant people involved.