This huge hotel was built to be classier than it is. The spa has closed and the level of service seems to have dropped from 5 to 4 star as the hotel now positions itself for groups and tours. The 'Business Center' on the mezzanine floor is an un-staffed internet area - I had to keep going back and forth between the Business Center and the reception on the ground floor with my inquiries re printing and business equipment.
Rooms are very comfortable and quiet. Staff are unfailingly helpful. Internet access is slow.
Good views of the city from high floors, though other than access to a huge shopping mall on the Waterfront, there is little of interest in the immediate area. Stay elsewhere if you are looking for a lively, downtown atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only The Cullinan Hotel offers views of all of the Mother City’s main attractions: Table Mountain, the harbour and ocean, the V&A Waterfront and the city skyline. Marble pillars and floors and lush furnishings, transport guests into a world of luxury complete with individualized four-star services. A pool and gym offer the perfect way to relax after a day of business meetings or sightseeing and the choice of bars and restaurants is sure to meet everyone’s tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Sun The Cullinan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cullinan
- Cullinan Hotel Cape Town
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Cape Town, South Africa