“Great Experience”

Southern Sun The Cullinan
Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Our stay at the Southern Sun The Cullinan was the most pleasant stay we have every had at a hotel. In order to appreciate the warmth and friendliness of the staff, you will have to be there because I can’t make comments that are favorable enough to convey the great attitude of all the staff members, regardless of what their responsibilities were. I doubt that we will ever have the opportunity to return to Cape Town but I can guarantee that if we do, our stay will be at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
GarryReed, General Manager at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. It is only through ongoing feedback, positive or negative, that we can improve on our delivery daily.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Southern Sun The Cullinan in the near future.
Garry Reed | General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,760)

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel before and always found it to be great value in an ideal location for the Waterfront area of Cape Town. This time my wife had a fall close to the hotel. The staff are brilliant, providing first aid, arranging doctor, getting a taxi to the hospital, etc . The manager appointed one lady, Joan Barker, to look after us and be a point of contact. She could not have done more and is a wonderful person.

Our thanks and highest praise for everyone at the hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank UKTraveller206

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Kaspersky Africa Partner Conference September 16th to 19th 2013 - Shuttle service complementary every hour to and from V&A waterfront. Close to CBD. 500mb free wifi per day. Quick turn around from staff for what ever. Room lights are controlled at every other angle. Makes life easy if you met Jack Senior and his son Gentleman Jack.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

As I've already indicated that this is my favorite hotel, I recently stayed there again. And again I was pleased with everything. The rooms, the service, the food, the staff, the location....this is where I stay in Cape Town during business trips.

Pitty I forgot to ask for the general manager as he invited me. Will definitely try to remember next time. The only thing missing, which might be the booking agency's mistake, is that I'm not recognised as a frequent guest. Not that its important to me, but I see its part of their service offering and review question.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of spending 7 nights at the Cullinan hotel on our honeymoon. We found the service, comfort, cleanliness friendliness and style of the hotel to be wonderful and thouroughly enjoyed our stay there. The breakfast each morning was a treat, the rooms were well serviced and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Room service, not something we do often, was well worth the expense on the one day we felt too tired to go out the room and eat. Excellent hotel and we look forward to visiting there again. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it did not have the greatest as it is in the middle of Cape Town. This is no fault of the hotel but is what I would expect of a 5 star review.

Room Tip: We got a room with 2 double beds because of availability and would have preferred a room with a king...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here while on a business trip. The hotel staff were very welcoming and courteous. The rooms were clean and nice. The hotel location is a big plus too. It's right in the heart of the city, beside Cape town International Convention Centre. There are nice eateries and shops close by. I would recommend it for business travellers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at the hotel recently.
The rooms were very comfortable, and the service was exceptional.
Parking was very easy, and the breakfasts were as good as always.
The views from the room was simply awesome.
I cannot think of a single thing that was out of place.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Parking Garage is right next door to the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family