Southern Sun The Cullinan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Urban Hip Icon Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Fountains Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
1,869 results
All reviewsfree shuttleconvention centertsogo sunbreakfast buffetshuttle servicebeautiful hotelexcellent staybusiness hotelwater frontthe hotel offerseasy accesswaterfront areatable mountainlong streetsouth africaconferencecticc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our stay was fantastic. In particular I would mention the staff - extremely helpful and courteous, you definitely get the feeling that nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is perfectly situated and has great facilities - very comfortable rooms, lovely restaurant, pool area and bar. Would recommend the hotel to any Cape Town visitors.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
GarryReed, General Manager at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. It is only through ongoing feedback, positive or negative, that we can improve on our delivery daily.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Southern Sun The Cullinan in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was recently very privalaged to spend a night inn the Cullinan Hotel in Cape Town .
Not only was the servise excellent , but i was upgraded without asking .
The staff are excellent , not persisting for tips and I believe they do not receive commissions for the trips and excursions that they recomend . What a nice change where prices are normally overpriced due to "middle persons" inflating the prices .

Highly recomended .

Room Tip: You can get a very reasonable transfer from the Airport to the Hotel for R50.00 using the bus . Taxis cost over R200.00
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We attended a Longevity Magazine and Eucerin reader event and workshop at this hotel. A buffet breakfast was served. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly, food was bountiful and tasty and the venue was well set up. Parking was also not a problem. This hotel always has me smiling.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GarryReed, General Manager at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Reviewed 12 November 2013

What a great stay. The beds were comfortable, the service wonderful and the breakfast was over the top. I have nothing negative to say! They were able to set up any tour we wanted and were very knowledgeable about dining and sites to see in the area!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is the first time I stayed in this hotel for 5 days. I used to stay at Lagoon Beach Hotel in Cape Town, where I used not like the food, therefore this time my office booked me at The Cullinan considering the fact that it is close to V&A Waterfront.

I must stay that it is an old hotel with renovations done and proved to be a quite a decent hotel. I like the hotel and the rooms, it is not as big as it posed in the internet. The reception desk staff showed some attitude and were sounding not very friendly. This was because this hotel was fully booked with tourist and they were not bothered as to who is coming, for them I would be a same tourist who would stay for couple of days and then go. I did not like the way they represented themselves.

What I liked is that the chefs at the restaurant were kind enough to provide me with a vegetarian dish on a tuesday (the day I avoid eating non-veg) with a specially made chef special which was splendid and very tasty. I will advise Trip Adisor the name of the two chefs who were very nice and very friendly. I have their business cards with me.

There are couple of incidents that has happened during my stay. First was on the day two, when my driver came to pick me and I was at breakfast table, the driver was told by the lady at the reception desk that I do not stay at this hotel and I am not registered. The driver waited for me and when I met him, he waved at this lady informing that the guest is still staying in this hotel.

One evening returning from work, spoke to the reception on the incident of me not being registered, the lady at the reception said I am registered and it is okay. I walk to wards my room and I find that my room key does not work. I had to come down to activate it. At that time, I was shocked to hear from the same lady that I was checked out by this hotel as of today..... and therefore I was not registered and my room did not worked.

I had a confirmation email from The Cullinan on my checkout date, but to some odd reason, they checked me out a day before.

One more incident happened, is one of those day, we had to wait for nearly 10-15 minutes to enter the restaurant for breakfast, as the priority was given to tour operators and tourist who had to leave by 7:00 - 7:30 am. Most of the business traveller were very upset and we had to wait till out turn comes, and then with nos of people a table is then allocated based on availability. It was ridicoulous.

Breakfast spread was fine and food was good. Dinner and In-room service was good.

If you are taking a free shuttle bus service to V&A Waterfront then please ensure that you are in time to catch a return shuttle service that is at every 1/2 hr as the bus really get full and you will have to then wait for an 1 hr to get the next bus and walking back to hotel is not safe in the evenings.

Room Tip: Try to avoid taking a room at a lower level and not over viewing the open pool side as it is very sad..... but city side is a good option.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business