The Cullinan is a well run hotel. The staff are friendly and very welcoming. However, the front desk is a badly under staffed. Checking in and checking out takes ages! This is a pity as overall the service from porters, security, waiting staff, house keeping etc is really good.
In terms of the rooms, they are rather small. I was first offered a twin bed room which left little space to swing a cat. I moved to a double rom which was a little better. The bathrooms are very small and to get into the shower, you have to close the bathroom door in order to access the shower cubicle. If I were on a leisure stay, there are better places to stay where the views are more attractive than concrete buildings. If you are not staying in the hotel for long and on business and out most of the day, then The Cullinan would be ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only The Cullinan Hotel offers views of all of the Mother City’s main attractions: Table Mountain, the harbour and ocean, the V&A Waterfront and the city skyline. Marble pillars and floors and lush furnishings, transport guests into a world of luxury complete with individualized four-star services. A pool and gym offer the perfect way to relax after a day of business meetings or sightseeing and the choice of bars and restaurants is sure to meet everyone’s tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Southern Sun The Cullinan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun Cullinan
- Cullinan Hotel Cape Town
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Cape Town, South Africa