Southern Sun The Cullinan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Urban Hip Icon Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Fountains Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
1,869 results
All reviewsfree shuttleconvention centertsogo sunbreakfast buffetshuttle servicebeautiful hotelexcellent staybusiness hotelwater frontthe hotel offerseasy accesswaterfront areatable mountainlong streetsouth africaconferencecticc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I heard so much about this hotel and i was looking so forward of spendinga wonderful weekend with you. Unfortunatly my partner and i was in for a different experience. I wish i would one day have the opporunity to experience what this hotel is tanding for. Maybe it was just the wrong weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The last time I stayed at the Cullinan was about 10 years ago. In my opinion, the only thing that's changed are the carpets. It's still a lovely hotel, and delivers everything you'd generally expect from a big Southern Sun hotel. It checks all the right boxes for a quick 1 or 2 night stayover, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I travelled to Cape Town in February and picked this hotel as it had good room rates and great reviews! I was not disappointed throughout my 4 days. Upon arrival the bellman and door staff are attentive and helpful and escorted me in the direction of the blonde haired receptionist who greeted me but never smiled and did the check in very robotically and average. However the bellboy that escorted me to the room was very friendly and warm, well knowledgable about the room facilities and offered additional services as well. the rooms are very nice although I had a view of the buildings opposite, being in the city it is abit noisy.The beds are amazing and housekeeping service is excellent! Ordered room service more than 3 times and orders were correct and delivered in good time. The room staff are really friendly as well although when calling the operator she seemed to busy to answer my calls or interested in my requests. The swimming pool is relaxing and comfortable lounge chairs.

Wifi is free and good connection. The breakfast restaurant is quite big and the staff are very welcoming and had excellent service here! The food was not wow but better than average and a huge choice of practically everything! Free Shuttle service to the Waterfront was put to good use. The Concierge staff were excellent and it was not an issue at all to book a last minute reservation at Beluga Restaurant for a friend and I.

Great hotel and will definitely stay again!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was only there for a single night, but would have loved to stay longer. The grand lobby is wonderful, with marble and soaring ceilings. The staff is attentive and very helpful.

My room was smaller, but very well appointed. The desk next to the bed had outlets for all plug types. There are reading spot lights over each side of the bed.

The bathroom was very nice, with both a tub and separate shower. The water pressure boarded on INSANE(!) At full force, you could probably blast away skin. If I can find fault with anything, it's that there is no electrical outlet in the bathroom... If that's any indication, it's really the only fault I could find with the room.

The breakfast buffet was large, with really good quality food.

I loved the town, and loved the hotel. I hope I can return to both some day soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very much enjoyed my 4 night stay at this iconic hotel. I felt completely safe in and around this location. The restuarant "The Peach Tree" has an especially wonderful breakfast and evening buffet. For snacks and more variety there is a "food court" about a 5 minute walk away. Service is more than just a slogan at this hotel, it truly happens! Very much enjoyed the touch of style with a flutist in the morning and pianist ( Mike Perry) in the evening playing in the lobby. There is complimentary shuttle service to the V-A Waterfront, although a taxi is only around $4.00 or 40 rand. The smallish bar off the lobby offers an excellent selection of wines, light meals and all the usual bar drinks at very reasonable prices. I did not see an ATM in the hotel, although I did not ask for one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple