La Splendida
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$211
US$206
US$267
US$212
  • Pool
US$136
  • Restaurant
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$898
US$491
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$170
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$223
US$177
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$633
US$491
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$212
US$183
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$370
US$340
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmouille pointrestaurant downstairsgreat locationstaff at reception were friendlylovely vibegreen point parkmountain viewbeach roadsea facing roominstant coffeesmall hotelin house restaurantrooms are spacious and cleansecure parkingchoose this hotelbath and showerfirst floor
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Having read the reviews about La Splendida, it was interesting that there was no noise, albeit a Friday and Saturday evening. Very friendly staff, quick check in. The room I had on the 2nd floor was great. Great size, clean, loved the wet room shower. My hair dryer was not working and was replaced as soon as I reported it. My only 2 comments would be the noise of the small fridge, and the power point to plug in the kettle. But these are minor. Great place and ideally situated.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie L
Neil M, Managing Director at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Julie

Thank you very much for the lovely review on La Splendida. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for the constructive feedback as this allows us to monitor our service levels to guests. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

After all the negative reviews that I have read before my visit to La Splendida hotel, I was really pleasantly surprised with the overall experience. On my arrival I received a very warm welcome from Jared and Elana who was on duty at reception. Once I filled in all the necessary check inn forms I was taken through to my room. The room was spacious, very comfortable, clean and had a awesome view of both the mountain and the ocean. I must add that the wifi in the entire hotel was very sufficient and a total life saver.

Although there is construction taking place right next door, I totally feel that La Spendida hotel can not be held responsible for, as it is something beyond their control and I honestly feel during my 1 week stay it did not effect me at all as most of the construction was already on a much higher level than the hotel itself.

I personally would like to thank Elana for all her help and friendliness. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return on my next visit to Cape Town.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jpfourie790324
Neil M, Managing Director at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Good day

Thanks for the wonderful review on your recent stay at La Splendida. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your complimentary remarks regarding our staff, services and facilities are greatly appreciated. I will also pass the compliments on to Elana and Jared for the great service.

We hope to welcome you back to La Splendida on your next visit to Cape Town!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just returned from a 10 day trip to South Africa. A wonderful country full of wonderful people. We spent 2 nights in La Splendida in Cape Town in July 2013. The hotel was booked by a travel agent. I travel for business 4 nights a week and I am comfortable in most hotels around the world.

La Splendida is a poor to moderate property in a fairly decent location. It is not very well kept and our rooms were dirty and poorly maintained. I choose not to list all the problems with the room and property but I will hit the highlights quickly: The good - the staff is extremely nice; the bistro on the property is pleasant and reasonably priced. The not so good - our rooms were dirty; the lighting in the bathrooms is awful; the refrigerator in the room didn't work; there is major construction attached to the property (not shown on the pictures of the hotel); the noise starts at 7:30 am and stops at 5:00 pm; the bistro is a haven for anyone looking for free WiFi so the bandwidth quality and speed of the WiFi is very poor because of the multitude of users.
My analysis: Avoid this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Randy2011_11
Neil M, Managing Director at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Randy

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review in respect of your stay at the La Splendida. This gives me the opportunity to monitor our service to you, the guest.

I have taken note of your comments and appreciate your having drawn my attention to these matters.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just checked into the hotel for a two night stay. Nice small boutique hotel, across the road from the ocean with a beautiful sea view. JUST WISH THEY WOULD HAVE MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE THAT THERE IS A MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION IN PROGRESS RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!!!!! I'm in my room listening to jackhammers, if I stand at the window the construction workers can look into my room?! I mentioned to reception that I wasn't aware that they are building next door and all she did was smile and charged me for the room. A person would expect some sort of discount or even just free parking for misleading guests. Very disappointed. If anyone wants to book wait another 9 months at least because they are just about a third into the construction.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ingrid C
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Not luxury but comfortable, just cross the road and you are on the most beautiful Ocean promenade, 20 min. walk to the Waterfront, Room is nice and clean, beautiful view to the Ocean,
Breakfast is regular but the service poor.

Room Tip: Higher floor, Ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family