“Great location”

Ranked #69 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Victor Harbor, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Location of my apartment was great, could not have been better. I travelled with a group and my apartment was not up to the standard of my fellow travellers. The shower head was not functioning properly, the tiles were in a bad state of repair and the apartment had an awful smell but overall had everything I needed was there, housecleaning was done daily. Short walk to V & A, very high security. This was sold to me as 5 Star so would be poor value for money.The group of women travelling were spread out over several blocks and therefore very isolating, I was the only one in B Block.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
WaterfrontVillage, Manager at Waterfront Village, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the recent stay with us. We are aware that the group was not situated in the same buildings, as your group was a bit too big, and we don't manage all the apartments in the buildings you stayed in. We therefore accommodated you in the first 3 buildings (Block A,B,C ) which are all next to each other, for the reason to have you all as close to each other as possible. We do hope that you enjoyed your short stay in Cape Town.

Johadrie de Villiers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
centurion
Reviewed 13 May 2013

the accomodation is ideal for relaxation and sight seeing in capetown. the outside view presents interesting breath taking especially canal which allow for canoeing and sea activities.
the nearby V&A area is within working distance and a place to visit, eating and to see different live band displays by different band groups. this can be accessed on foot through the back entrance to the village.
the surrounding of other hostels and the nearby CBD is makes it quite accessible. the affordable and reliable taxi services readily available adds to staying here interesting.
Sam

Room Tip: rooms more to the south are closer for access to V&A, resturants and other social amenities.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2013

It was difficult to rate this hotel as the apartments are outstanding. They are a fantastic location, just a short walk to the V&A, very spacious and great security.
Unfortunately the issues with the staff left an overriding impression. When I checked in on the 1st of May I was left standing there while 3 staff at the front desk just stuff around. The gentleman on the front desk didn't even lift his head, spent the whole time playing on the mobile phone (he obviously thought he was too important to help me). When the lady did try and help me she tried to give me someone else's travel vouchers. Then after about 15 minutes an elderly couple walked through the door and to the desk and they were offered assistance immediately. I was astounded and this time very very angry. I knew I couldn't check in (as it was 10am in the morning) but all I wanted to know was where to leave my car.
The lady that checked me in was lovely. Very helpful but my goodness it took soooo long.
The night that we checked in the internet went out and then the TV. While it was very very annoying the gentleman tried everything to help get it back up, even arranging for connection in the next room. He was wonderful. As it was a public holiday nobody could come out and I understood that the next day I couldn't get on to internet anywhere in the room. The staff were very very unhelpful. Just saying that they have terrible internet connection (then why advertise that you have it???? I think this is very misleading). Every time I rang (and I shouldn't have had to keep calling) they just said that they were waiting on a call back from the internet service provider. They made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to resolve this issue and as a result I ended up having to make numerous calls to Australia which costs me a lot of money. While the apartment is lovely, with the exception of a few key staff, the majority of staff need a kick up the bum to realise that they are employed because we as paying tourists stay he. We are not an inconvenience to their day!!!!!!!!!
Either fix your internet reliability or remove your advertisement that your rooms have it. This is very misleading for people and is costing people money. Not good enough!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TLee41
Washington, DC
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This place is simply unsuitable for any business traveler.

I stayed in 2 rooms, giving me two opportunities to experience the place, so I feel reasonably confident saying Village Waterfront, while beautifully located, is maddening in its poor value for money.

In both rooms, the wifi was not only abysmally slow, but getting it to work in both apartments involved going into my computer's settings to manually change the DNS server. In 2013, any competent grad of a basic IT certificate program should know how to make that work automatically. Worse, after the first connection, I had to reboot the router every subsequent time to get it to work. They also sell wifi by the gigabyte at absurd prices: for example, if you download a movie from iTunes you'll end up paying more for the download than the movie itself. Really feels like they're profiteering off their guests by charging such rates.

In both rooms, the TVs did not work. Both times I called asking for someone to come have a look. No one ever did. At the front desk, they made me feel stupid for not knowing how to make the 4 remotes work.

In the 2nd apartment, the microwave and stove did not work, defeating part of the purpose of renting an apartment.

Both times I checked in, staff failed to tell me where the parking was located for that apartment. I had to move my car. Small thing, but compiled with all the other things that didn't work, staff that didn't care, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Honestly, this place feels like they're trading off their location. It needs a clean sweep from top to bottom. Management should go along with most of the staff.

Room Tip: Just stay away
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MarkP_9
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for bringing the above points to our attention. We will ensure that our staff gets retrained and monitored on the areas of concern. We would like to assure you we will take all measures possible to improve on all our services offered.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Good apartment with beautiful furniture .....good selection of glasses and very comfortable..what a pleasant stay! The parking is undercover and very close to the apartment. I like the fact that you don't have to use a lift at all and that you are situated on the first floor.

Room Tip: Quiet room and nice to have the exterior shutters as to open windows.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here in a one-bedroom apartment for eight nights in January 2013. Everything was done to a high standard, and the location was superb. Excellent parking arrangements. The only flaw in the accommodation was the very patchy and slow wifi, which had to be re-booted each time we wanted to use it. But overall a very good place to stay, which we would hope to use again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
WaterfrontVillage, Manager at Waterfront Village, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear valued guest

Thank you for giving feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We offer alternative internet options to our guests with 2 x guest computers with free internet as well as free wifi in our reception area. We are working on improving the internet service in the apartments.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a three bed apt which overlooked the marina at the front and table top mountain at the back. The apartment was stunning. Exquisite decor and amazingly well equipped. The only concern for us was a break down in booking communication. We sent deposit details as requested and were asked again for them at least twice!!! But overall the place to stay on the V n A dock. Room tip Pembroke A 302.

Stayed March 2013