So let me start by saying that I booked this 'Hotel' via one of the hotel websites. It was listed as being a hotel despite being apartments which I did not realise....however I can't blame them for how other websites advertise them - it's down to me to research and I can take it up with the website in question.
So what were my issues?
- Airport Transfer. I sent them an email simply telling them when I was arriving and asking how much an airport transfer was. I did not receive a reply from them so I organised my own transfer for $240R.
When I got to the airport I saw my name on a sign and assumed this was the pickup I arranged. On the way to the car I asked how much the transfer would be and the driver said $430R to my shock!!
After some confusion I realised this was not the transfer I booked and I went back to the terminal to meet my booked transfer who was luckily still there.
So all I did was to simply enquire into a price of a transfer.....to which I received no response and therefore gave no confirmation and the Village Waterfront sent someone to pick me up at almost double the rate of every other company out there. Not good service....you just CANNOT do this kind of thing.
- Distance walked. So I get now that this is not a hotel but still....some kind of shuttle is essential for check-in's. After a long flight the last thing I want to do is carry all my bags into the apartment complex, over to security to have my photo taken and then all the way back over to the apartment. Dripping with sweat and then had to repeat this journey to check out! Hate starting the day sweating!!
A car is needed to take people round to security and then as close to the apartment as possible.
- Apartment was actually nice with only one issue worth noting - the air con just wouldn't turn off - even when set into off mode...so all night I had the sound of air con on which isn't great for those of us who normally sleep without such background noise.
So a few issues around service which soured the experience a bit. I can see this place being nice if you are staying for a few days or more but for any less or for a business traveller i'd advise a proper hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Village, situated on the water’s edge in the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, next to the Cape Grace Hotel and One&Only, offers guests Standard, Luxury and Deluxe apartments offering superior services and facilities. Guests are spoilt for choice with our selection of one to three bedroom apartments, providing a wide selection of accommodation that will suit their individual requirements. Guests will enjoy access to our on-site reception, swimming pools and gym. An abundance of shops and restaurants are available within walking distance. Crafted around tranquil waterways the inspired architecture maximises the panoramic views, creating international desirability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Waterfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- Waterfront Village Cape Town, South Africa