Firstly, this is not an apartment hotel, it is an open plan apartment complex. Saying that, I had a great apartment with views overlooking the canal and waterfront from the front facing balcony and Table Mountain from the bedroom balcony. The fully self-contained apartment was kitted out with all the modern conveniences inc. Queen sized main bedroom with en-suite, laundry, full sized family kitchen (all appliances incl. dishwasher) plus Cable TV and air conditioning. The huge front facing balcony with seating is ideal for entertaining.
I was in the apartment block (Started with an ‘A) that was furthest away from the V&A waterfront but it was easy to reach via a pleasant walk through the complex, along the canal then past Cape Grace Hotel. The nearest supermarket was a ‘Pick n Pay’ also at the V & A shopping complex, a pleasant 15 minute walk from the apartment.
The downfall was the maintenance and painting that seem to be forever going on. I appreciate that preventative maintenance is required, but after a few days it was really beginning to annoy me. There were builders directly outside the bedroom window’s for two days starting at 8.00 am and a steady stream of builders walking past the balcony of the apartment.
Overall, I would stay again, the price was very good, but only if there were not workmen around.
PS - If you bring your laptop, use the free wi-fi in the Reception area or alternatively use the computer with free internet access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Village, situated on the water’s edge in the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, next to the Cape Grace Hotel and One&Only, offers guests Standard, Luxury and Deluxe apartments offering superior services and facilities. Guests are spoilt for choice with our selection of one to three bedroom apartments, providing a wide selection of accommodation that will suit their individual requirements. Guests will enjoy access to our on-site reception, swimming pools and gym. An abundance of shops and restaurants are available within walking distance. Crafted around tranquil waterways the inspired architecture maximises the panoramic views, creating international desirability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waterfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- Waterfront Village Cape Town, South Africa