“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Belmonte

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
Villa Belmonte
Ranked #87 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Johannesburg
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay here while visiting friends in Cape Town. Beautiful old and interesting residence, fantastic views, great location, excellent food and very friendly staff. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I stayed and dined at this incredibly charming old school hotel once and dined there on a separate occasion once thereafter. And what a wonderful treat. From the incredibly friendly and efficient staff to the immaculately clean and well serviced room we occupied. I would visit there again any time in the future, or suggest it to any of my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

What a delight to find olde world charm in this new modern society!
Elegant and delightful to be part of for our short stay.
We had a wonderful stay and the meals were really special.
Thank you for the special touches !
We were away from the stream line minimalistic stainless steel and glass which is so prevalent now in hotel accommodation!
Thank you.

Room Tip: Can see Table mountain!!!!!
Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ann M,

Warm greetings!

On behalf our management staff I want to very sincerely thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your recent stay at Villa Belmonte. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our product and the efficiency of our service and it is only through receiving “feedback” such as we have received from yourself that we are able to reach the level of service excellence for which we strive.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Villa Belmonte the near future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We really enjoyed our night stay at the hotel.
The rooms were excellent and very comfortable.
We felt very relaxed and the setting made is feel cut off from all the day to day worries.
James was very pleasant and friendly, and always ensured we were looked after very well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Allie K

On behalf of our management and staff, I want to most sincerely thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us about your recent stay at Villa Belmonte. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our product and the efficiency of our service and it is only through receiving “feedback” such as we have received from yourself that we are able to reach the level of service excellence for which we strive.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Villa Belmonte in the near future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the management and staff for making our special day a memorable one! Your hotel, in all its splendour as well as the competency of the staff, catered for all our specific needs (especially dietry). The food was beautifully cooked and perfectly presented in a stylishly decorated dining room. A better ambiance we could not have wished for. The beautiful garden provided a tranquil environment for our ceremony with the majestic Table Mountain as a backdrop and a magnificent view of Cape Town and the ocean on the other side.
We will most certainly be spending time with you again as we thoroughly enjoyed the homely environment. Thank you for taking excellent care of our guests that stayed with you.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the Butterfly Room if you enjoy the sun.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Faisel H

Very many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write to us about your recent stay at Villa Belmonte. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our product and the efficiency of our service and it is only through receiving “feedback” such as we have received from yourself that we are able to reach the level of service excellence for which we strive.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Villa Belmonte in the near future. Kind regards, Cliff Jacobs
Johannesburg South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I booked, paid (via Groupon, my fault) and was looking forward to my stay in this luxury boutique hotel. I did the normal pre-arrival call 2 days beforehand and was confirmed.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to stay at all, as on check-in I was escorted out of the building, down the road, past a block of flats, to the next block of flats, given a bunch of keys and shown around my '5-star' accommodation.

This block of flats, Rose Heights, and the room I was given (Caesar room) couldn’t be let out for 1/2 of what I paid. It was, in a word, awful. It looked like an English grandmother decorated it pre WW2, complete with 20" CRT TV (with 1 news channel) and a smoking room!

The shower was an embarrassing sprinkle attachment in a tiny little cubicle.

Please see the attached photo and compare it with what is shown on Tripadvisor, by Villa Belmonte.

As this sub-standard room is even named in accordance with rooms in the actual hotel, it's clear other travelers have been suckered like I was.

When I questioned why I was being put in 3rd class accommodation that wasn't even part of the hotel, I was told a wedding party had booked out the place. Not one word of sorry, no owner to be found, just a steely eyed receptionist.

I strongly urge you not to stay here. But hey, the breakfast was good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear EyesOpenTraveler

On behalf of our management and staff, I apologise for any inconvience caused to yourself during your stay at Villa Belmonte. I also want to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us about your complaints. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our product and the efficiency of our service and it is only through receiving “feedback” such as we have received from yourself that we are able to reach the level of service excellence for which we strive. Thankfully, we receive very few complaints (our internal guest questionnaires comprise at least 95% of the reviews from our guests (dropped into a locked box at reception). TripAdvisor comprises only 3% of the reviews. But, nevertheless, we take any complaint very seriously and investigate it thoroughly.

Our Caesar Suite is our largest (76 square metres) and one of our very best rooms we have available. Indeed, it is hard to remember when we received a previous complaint about the room. Recently, a well-known winemaker and owner stayed in the Caesar Suite and absolutely loved it. However, it is possible that you may not have been informed prior to your arrival that our Caesar Suite is situated next to the Manor House itself. If so, I do apologise for the error on our part.

The photograph you inserted is of the entrance to the complex and not of the Caesar Suite itself. The photographs on the Caesar Suite's webpage displayed on our website, www.villabelmontehotel.co.za, accurately reflect the Caesar Suite's interior. It also clearly states that our Caesar Suite is situated next to the Manor House itself.

We sincerely trust that your unfortunate recent experiences will not deter you from visiting Villa Belmonte again in the near future.

Kind regards

Cliff Jacobs
Managing Director
Villa Belmonte Manor House Hotel
EAST lONDON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

When I phoned to enquire about dinner on the Saturday, for Sunday night, I was told that the chef would get fresh ingredients in and we could have a choice of the menu. When we arrived, we were checked into the Empire Room. There was only 1 bath towel, one shower gel etc. as if we were booked as a single . Dinner was an embarressment. There was no choice on the menu, in fact they had run out of salad, and there was only one chicken dish on the menu.
We had thought that we were going to have a real treat, however, not so .

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
CliffJacobs, Owner at Villa Belmonte, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear QuarryLakeInn

On behalf of our Management and Staff, I most sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourselves through far less than good service and quality of product. Certainly this not the standard we set ourselves.

I also want to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us about your complaints. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our product and the efficiency of our service and it is only through receiving “feedback” such as we have received from yourself that we are able to reach the level of service excellence for which we strive. Thankfully, we receive very few complaints but, nevertheless, we take any complaint very seriously and investigate it thoroughly. We cannot afford to inconvenience any guest,

Unfortunately, a series of events occured during your stay which had the result of negatively impacting upon yourselves. Again, I sincerely apologise and trust that your unfortunate recent experiences will not deter you from visiting Villa Belmonte again in the near future.

Kind regards