This was our first visit to Cape Town and the Hotel was chosen for us. With a very long promenade to walk along I wondered 'were we safe' My worries were unfounded. The Hotel itself has great character with the outsisde restaurant in the middle of the Hotel with trees and shrubs in abundance! Our room was OK we would have preferred to be sea facing. The staff however could not do enough for you, from repairing a pair of shorts to producing a 'Happy Birthday' dish for my husband. The complimentary shuttle bus to the Waterfront was very convenient.
I would certainly recommend the Hotel but choose you room carefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotelopia so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa