I cannot say enough about this gorgeous hotel. Beautiful old style charm with all the luxuries any modern business or holiday traveler could ever need. Dining facilities ooze opulence whilst being comfortable and inviting. Harvey's caters for luxury dining by night, is a trendy and stylish bistro by day, and also has a separate cocktail bar and casual lounge open til late. The outdoor courtyard situated in the heart of the hotel (also part of Harvey's) is a sanctuary - the water fountain, the palm trees, ferns and the birds make this area magical - a beautiful place to eat and drink. The food is impeccable, and the service is exceptional. The Sunday Jazz Brunch is a must. The atmosphere is festive and fun, and the food buffet is to die for. Make sure you book a table well in advance, because it is a super popular event.
Rooms are pristine - clean and comfortable. Decor is modern and classic (depending on the room) and the flat screen TV's are definitely a plus! I cannot forget to mention the drool-worthy sea views. Oh-so-beautiful! Wifi is also widely available.
The hotel is situated close to restaurants, main shopping districts and all main tourist attractions are well within reach. If you are a bit of a thrill seeker, the para-gliders land on the lawns right in front of the hotel. However, the most important element is the shuttle service which provides quick and safe travel to and from the airport as well as to all nearby tourism meccas, shopping districts, attractions and restaurants. The hotel is so willing to accommodate requests, all you have to do is ask. If you have a rental car, the hotel offers secure parking.
It is the small touches that make this hotel perfect. Whether it is the chocolates on your pillow from the turn-down service, the fruit and water by the pool or the attention to detail with dining requirements. The hotel is spot on. Never have I been so impressed. I had a wonderful stay and would definitely go back in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa