Beautiful colonial style hotel with plenty of character - the central courtyard is adorned with Bouganvilla and other ornate plants around a central fountain. The food was very good - although one person did complain to us about an evening meal - it must have been a one off. The rooms are very well maintained and plenty of staff to help and assist. They have a pool area and the walk along the front promenade is beautiful - they have a courtesy car to take and pick up from the waterfront which is very useful as some of the general taxis look like they are held together with "sticky backed plastic" The Winchesters car is a well cared for new MPV with leather seats etc. Would certainly recomment this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa