We staid 3 nights in this hotel on a roundtrip in SA and it made for a wonderful first impression of the country. We were upgraded (always nice) to the Robben Island suite meaning we had a wonderful view out to the sea and two bathrooms, a large bedroom and a lounge. Everything was perfectly clean, all was in good order, amaneties were plenty, the room it self was quite and the interior well designed. Water and some fruits were complimentary and the minibar had low prices.
The hotel features a large patio with a fountain in which you can have breakfast with a good view of table mountain. The location is very good to have a stroll along the sea but not that perfect to see the Waterfront or the city itself since it is a bit to the south (5-10 minutes driving).
The breakfast is just amazing a lot of hot and cold stuff as well as fruit juices, and bubbly (beware of the sparrows that fly in from the patio from time to time) and was always kept in good order and refilled. We once ate at the restaurant and they also had pretty decent food (which means a lot in SA where good and cheap food is not hard to find).
The staff was just superb, always friendly and smiling and genuine helpful and interested in you. We did receive a lot of good help and tips for our stay in that area.
We did not use the pool even though it looked very promising but only due to a lack of time.
All in all a very nice place to stay in Capetown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa