“Elegant and relaxed”
Review of Kensington Place

Kensington Place
Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Beautifully decorated, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, superb breakfast, great location - so overall a pretty perfect stay! We loved the stylish reception and breakfast area, and my usually difficult to please husband was effusively complimentary about his choice from the excellent range of breakfast options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan S
TheEnthusiastZA, General Manager at Kensington Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hi Susan S

Very happy you enjoyed your stay - and of course the breakfast! Personally, I have to make a concerted effort not to overindulge on Lisa's homemade granola!

Thank you for taking the time to review Kensington Place!

Best wishes from Cape Town

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, and all of them have been very nice.
The hotel is gorgeous, the staff very nice as everywhere in South Africa.
The breakfast is excellent!
Located just 10 minutes from the water front area, is a perfect point to start discovering Cape Town.
The hotel manager has always helped us in making reservation in very good restaurant for the evening.
We really had a plesant stay.
Plus it's a small B&B and so it's very quiet...perfect for honeymoon and relaxing

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edwells

Salve edwells!

Thank you for reviewing Kensington Place. I am so happy that you had a wonderful time in South Africa - please come and visit us again for your anniversary!

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived a day late and very early in the morning, but our room was ready. Everyone at KP is so nice and helpful. The had pre-booked different restaurants for our dinner but we were exhausted, jet-lagged, had our days and nights mixed up, etc. so we did not leave the hotel. One of the managers, Michael, had the kitchen put together something for us so we didn't starve. That was above the call-of-duty and so very appreciated. The only meal they provide is breakfast, which was very good but the service was not good on the one morning we ate there. Our server was a young girl who I think was still asleep. I ordered an egg with the yolk cooked hard. My "sandwich" came with a runny egg so I pulled it off the sandwich and ate everything else. We didn't have time to have it re-made as our tour was leaving shortly. Nevertheless she didn't even ask me about it, never refilled our coffee, my hubby's toast arrived after he had finished the rest of his breakfast. Other than that our stay was lovely. Nice comfortable rooms, good shower, comfy bed, very quiet. The only reason we probably would not stay at KP again is the lack of on-site dinner. And that certainly is a personal preference. I cannot fault the hotel at all.

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms and I'm sure they're all great... ours was.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zoeycat

Dear Zoeycat

Thank you for the positive review! I've investigated the incident at breakfast - I believe Precious served you. At the time she had recently joined Kensington Place and still learning the ropes. Since then she has become an invaluable member of the team and guests have been delighted by her.

My biggest concern is the fact that it wasn't clearly communicated to you that we provide breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel. I find this immensely frustrating considering the amount of time and effort we invest in providing this service. I have addressed this with my management team.

I hope that I can welcome you back to Cape Town and Kensington Place in the not-too-distant future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Unfortunately we were only here for I night but will be back. It's a cool place to stay, well chosen contemporary art, stylish furniture and a pleasant and comfortable place to relax. And possibly the best hotel breakfast we've had, no low fat yoghurt here thank goodness. Our room was very comfortable, great view and the bed was excellent. The staff were helpful and charming and the recommended local restaurants were very good. Wish there were more hotels like this.

Room Tip: We had the view over CT which was super
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard A
TheEnthusiastZA, General Manager at Kensington Place, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Richard A

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you had a such a lovely (albeit short!) stay with us. Please come and visit us again!

With kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our first visit to Cape Town. We had a beautiful, big and comfortable room. The staff could not do enough to help us and made some great dinner recommendations including a delicious Greek restaurant at a local square. The breakfasts are the best I have ever had. The hotel is ideally located and we walked into town and back. It's also very close to table mountain. My only minor gripe is the tiny, cold pool!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niamh G

Dear Niamh G

Thank you for reviewing Kensington Place! Always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback - it's a tribute to my wonderful team.

I am so sorry that the pool was so cold - I am in the process of upgrading the heat pump to take the chill off during winter.

Please do visit us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me for Valentines day and took me to stay at this beautiful place. We were welcomed by the friendly staff and entered into a modern property with sophisticated decor and finishings. We had a stunning room on the top floor with views of the city and table mountain. The pool was a relaxing break away and the kitchen spoilt us with delicious cheese straws as a snack. When we returned to our room after dinner there was a romantic turndown with sparkling wine, strawberries dipped in chocolate and rose petals around the bath. The breakfast in the morning was divine. My favourite was the tasty muesli / granola. Overall a beautiful place to enjoy a relaxing break away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam_Boshoff

Dear Sam_Boshoff

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you could get some time away with your husband on Valentines day and spend it at Kensington Place! We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely

Austen

PS. Let us know if we can help you plan a surprise weekend away for your husband's birthday - our homemade chocolate cakes are a treat!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed 5 nights and felt well cared for by the staff and enjoyed the amenities. Our room was one of the smaller ones which felt cramped at times, however, we usually rested near the pool which was very pleasant and not crowded. The breakfast meals were superb and they will customize if needed. Best of all the staff could not have been more helpful with dinner reservations, places to go, car rental, cabs etc.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maureen m
TheEnthusiastZA, General Manager at Kensington Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for the great review - always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback! We're delighted you've enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards from Cape Town

POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Blackheath Lodge
#4 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Kensington Place? Share your experiences!