“Amazing tailored tour”

Cape by Design Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #88 of 346 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalised and customised tours offering unique insights into the people, places and stories of Cape Town and South Africa.-First hand insights and experiences by a passionate born and bred Capetonian.High level of personal service and close attention to clients needs.-For the informed traveller who wants more than just sightseeing, but does not want to pay the earth.-Tours you will never forget.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We wanted a wine tour around the wine region in Cape Town and the big "group" tours did not offer us what we wanted, only visiting max 3 wineries which were all the big ones. We found Jacqui and her tour was both more cost effective per person and we got to decide where we wanted to go and how the tour went.
Jacqui was a very knowledgeable, friendly and delightful she knew all the ins and outs and was able to find us some real gems of wineries!

1  Thank zozod
jacquibcapetown, Owner at Cape by Design Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thanks for your great review Zoe. It was fun to take you, Karl and Graham around the Winelands as you were so focused on visiting as many wineries as possible and tasting as many wines as you could. I'm glad we achieved this and that you enjoyed the day as much as I did!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"wineries"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had a great experience with Jaquie, who was able to balance our tours in a way to "please" both my husband and I as well as our kids who are 12 and 9. The tours were really "by design" and we were able to go around at our own pace. Jaquie was always on time, polite, and very helpful, besides never being tired of explaining things and giving extra information about all the places we visited. I truly recommend!

1  Thank Fabiola B

Thanks very much for your good review Fabiola. I really enjoyed taking you, your husband and delightful children around Cape Town and the Winelands. I always enjoy taking families on tour and especially when they are as nice as yours was.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Jacqui was well-informed and provided a solid, well-rounded tour of Cape Town and also coordinated logistics for the shark excursion through another company. Jacqui's tour of Cape Town gave me a good primer on the sites in the city, townships and the neighbouring Winelands. The shark excursion was also well-coordinated. Communication before the trip was excellent - just the right amount to give me assurances that the experience in Cape Town would be a good one.

1  Thank London44444

Hi Steven, thanks for your great review. It was a pleasure to organise all the tours for you around Cape Town and the WInelands as well as the Shark Cage Diving as you knew exactly what you wanted and were very clear in your requests. Hope to see you in Cape Town again, this time for a longer stay!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My son and I were fortunate enough to have Jacqui show us around Capetown on various tours.
She is very knowledgeable and shows a genuine interest in all she does.Always on time with a smile and good humour,she made our stay easy and enjoyable.

1  Thank Mark L
jacquibcapetown, Owner at Cape by Design Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thanks for your positive response Mark. It was different and enjoyable taking around some fellow South Africans. It was a great experience to be able to show you our part of the world! Hope you come and live in Cape Town some day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was by far one of the best tours I've done on my travels. Jacqui will plan a tour specifically for what you're looking to see. On my tour we went to Langa Township, where I was able to meet a variety of people, take their portraits and talk with them, exactly what I requested. Jacqui arranged for a local guide who lived in the township to show us around, who was also a phenomenal guide and a pleasure to talk to. After the township we stopped for lunch at a place believed to be the best seafood on the coast, and I agree. It was then off to see the penguins on the beach. Jacqui is a very friendly, easy going person and I enjoyed spending the day on this tour. Just let her know what you'd like to see and she will try her best to make it work! Thanks again!

1  Thank kristinacc