“Cape by Design is excellent”

Cape by Design Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #86 of 345 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalised and customised tours offering unique insights into the people, places and stories of Cape Town and South Africa.-First hand insights and experiences by a passionate born and bred Capetonian.High level of personal service and close attention to clients needs.-For the informed traveller who wants more than just sightseeing, but does not want to pay the earth.-Tours you will never forget.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I highly recommend Jacqui as a guide for this part of the world. She is passionate about showing visitors around Cape Town and the surrounding areas. She is multi-lingual (English, Dutch, German and some Xhosa) and she has a great sense of humor. I was especially impressed by her knowledge the botany of the Cape region. She is a brilliant guide. Book a tour with her if she is available.

jacquibcapetown, Owner at Cape by Design Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear MetalsMan. Thank you so much for your positive review. It was a great pleasure to take you and your partner around Cape Town. The Cape of Storms lived up to its name but despite this, we managed to see a lot and to have fun. I hope you return to Cape Town again in the not too distant future for a longer stay.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"wineries"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Background: I recently visited South Africa in July 2014. I had scheduled to visit Cape Town for 5 days on the front-end of a safari experience. In researching 'things to do' I came across Cape by Design Tours and Jacqui. Compared to the other quotes and details I was given, my experience with Jacqui pre-trip was fantastic. Fast, clear, specific, and engaging. Along the way leading up to our visit we had a few more interactions and she gave additional helpful guidance/advice for our journey (even though we were only spending part of our trip with Cape by Design). The personal attention was much appreciated.

Day Tour: The tour of the Peninsula was terrific. Cape Town is a magical place and Jacqui was a terrific guide. Along our drive down we took in incredible views of the city. As we entered the coastal area we saw seals, penguins, fishing villages, etc on our way to the National Park at the Cape of Good Hope. The floral environment is stunning as was the landscape and lighthouse. Our return drive (and lunch) up the opposite coastline was equally beautiful and informative.

As this was my first trip to South Africa, I had a 'million' questions across many topics. Jacqui's knowledge of all subjects is particularly amazing. Not only did we learn a great deal about the history (long ago and much recent), culture, and environment - our time with Jacqui left us with a big desire to visit and engage with her team again to learn and experience more of Cape Town.

On an individual level, Jacqui is a very kind, flexible, professional, and thoughtful person. Her tremendous experience in South Africa gave us a valuable understanding that helped us for the rest of the trip. The fees were very fair and the tour exceeded expectations. Relative to the other things we did on our visit, this was a spectacular tour!

1  Thank Andy P

Hi Andy. It was a breeze to plan this tour of Cape Town for you and it was a great pleasure for me to show you and your daughter around Cape Town. I so enjoyed the "millions" of questions as it is a great pleasure for me to share my passion, experience and knowledge of my country with visitors. I do hope you return to Cape Town again soon, with the rest of the family!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Cape by design does exactly what is says on the tin. Jacqui’s knowledge of the areas with our specific and specialist interests combined well with the flexibility of not having a rigid time schedule.

1  Thank les W

HI Les. It was great fun taking you and your wife around to some lovely birding spots around the Peninsula. It was wonderful to have clients with so much love and enthusiasm for nature and such passion and patience for getting just the right photographs. I hope to see you again for more nature adventures.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The company that booked our trip & tours left us and another couple with which we were travelling with a free day in South Africa. We wanted to create our own tour of the wine country, and found Jacqui and her 'Cape by Design Tours' via a Google search, and it was a perfect match. Jacqui considered our requests and combined it with her knowledge of the area to create a special day and vacation memory. Touring with Jacqui and our foursome made the day more relaxed and pleasurable than riding in a large bus with 'other tourists.' We highly recommend booking with Jacqui -- she'll take great care of you!

2  Thank Alliene
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I visit Cape Town frequently and wanted to discover some of the less well known attractions. Jacqui coordinated a wonderful day that exceeded my expectations. The days activities ranged from a visit to spice market in the Bo Kaap neighborhood, a wine tasting at Signal Hill Winery in town, lunch at The Test Kitchen and finally a tour of The Jewish Museum. Her local knowledge made each activity more interesting and enjoyable.

jacquibcapetown, Owner at Cape by Design Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks for your positive review Beth. It was a short and very sweet time with you in Cape Town. The Food and Wine tour is one of my favourites and I was glad to be able to take you on this tour
We really had good luck that we managed to get a place at The Test Kitchen on the spur of the moment as usually you have to book 6 months in advance to get a table!