“Fantastic Cape Peninsular Tour”

Ulungele Tours & Safari's
Ranked #24 of 331 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Cape Town based Tour Operator Company and offer tours such as: Cape Point with Cape of Good Hope, Wine Lands, Whale Watching, Shark Cage Diving, Full Day and Overnight Safari, The Garden Route, West Coast for the flowers in August & September and also Airport Transfers. All our tours are custom designed so that you can enjoy the freedom and space given to you with the time frame given for the day. We operate daily and can gladly assist with your itinerary from a short visit to a few days of leisure.
Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Cape Peninsular Tour”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic day with Hank on his Cape Peninsular day tour. I first got in touch with Hank in November 2013 and from day one Hank went out of his way to help me.

Hank picked us up at our hotel and from the first minute made us feel as if we knew him for years. Hank was very informative, kind, polite and went out of his way to tell us the history of the areas we visited on his tour. His car was spotless and his driving was excellent.

Hank does this tour different to other tour companies and it works very well because we missed the crowds and the queuing in each spot we visited. Hank was very flexible and worked this tour around our interests. We visited all the major sites that we wanted to see on our way like Cape of Good Hope, Simons Town, Cape point and the Penguins. Hank stopped at spots for photographs along the route and we got some of the best photographs of our trip to South Africa here.

He gave us good advice in relation to visiting Table Top Mountain. Hank told us that we should visit Table Top Mountain when it was clearer and suggested we go later that day. So we took his advice and visited it on our way back to Cape Town. Hank firstly rang the information office to check the times of the last cable cart. He then dropped us off at the ticket office on our way back to Cape Town. We went up on a clear day and got the best views. This advice was excellent as the next few days in Cape Town the mountain was covered with clouds.

He also gave me good driving tips and places to see along our route, for the rest of our holiday on the Garden Route.

Our only regret is we didn’t use Hank for our other trips in Cape Town.

We hope to return to Cape Town and South Africa in the future and one thing for sure is we will be using Hank and Ulungele Tours to organise our trip.

1 Thank Mark C
Hank D, Owner at Ulungele Tours & Safari's, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Many thanks for the review, much appreciated. With Cape Town's complicated weather we sometimes do not know where we stand and the mountain can be covered in clouds for days on end. I had to make sure that you guys get at least the best of the day, because the weather was in such a good spirit, i just had to encourage you to do Table Mountain. And it worked out in your favour as it was for the next few days, the weather was not so good. Many thanks for the understanding, support and you guys have made the day a blessed day as well. Best wishes and looking forward to welcome you guys back to Cape Town soon!

UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent Cape Peninsula Tour”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Having travelled from The Eastern Cape along the Garden Route we decided to return our hire car and enjoy some downtime in Cape Town but still wanted to see what was out there. After some time trawling the net and using TA we chose Ulungele Tours as the best option to provide what we were looking for and we were not disappointed.

My wife and I opted for The Cape Peninsula Private Tour. Our guide was Hank Daries the co-owner of he company.

Hank proved not only very knowledgeable of ALL matters South African and beyond but was interesting at the same time. He seemed to know how long you needed to spend at any particular point along the route and answered any questions with factual backing. We saw some magnificent scenery along the way in what was a very full day. It was a delight for me not to do the driving and take it all in.

Hank is very flexible and will work around your wishes. He has a very pleasant manner and seems happy to be engaged in conversation the whole time that he is with you.

From a practical point of view, he is reliable, on time, his vehicle is spotlessly clean and his driving is exemplary.

We booked Hank for our airport transfer at a very competitive rate of ZAR 300.

When we return to South Africa we will definitely look to Ulungele once again to meet our needs.

Visited April 2014
A big thanks for the review of our company, very much appreciated. Many thanks for the feedback, and yes we strive in our business to make sure that our clients needs are met at all times. Making sure that you spend the needed time at a specific place and putting you as the guest in charge of the day is most important to us. I wish you and your wife the very best and many thanks for choosing us to be your operator here in Cape Town.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Happy Customer!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My daughter and I spent the day with Hank on a Cape Point Day Trip and had a great time. Hank is dependable, friendly, a great driver, and quite knowledgeable about the area. Could not have been better. We also used Ulungele Tours for private transfers between the airport and hotel both ways and Hank's service was excellent. Would use Ulungele Tours again without hesitation.

Visited April 2014
Hank D, Owner at Ulungele Tours & Safari's, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Many thanks for taking out the time to write this review for us, much appreciated. Another happy customer indeed, you guys i could see really enjoyed the outdoors very much and appreciated the time and space been given to you. Many thanks for the support and looking forward to welcome back the hole family to Cape Town soon!
Akron, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We used Ulungele Tours for our day trip to Inverdoorn Game Reserve. Hank was excellent. He was timely, professional and very personable. We had quite a lot of questions and he was very knowledgable . I wish I had booked Ulungele Tours for our other trips because the guide makes a big difference and we were not as pleased with other tours . I highly recommend Hank.

Hank D, Owner at Ulungele Tours & Safari's, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Many thanks for writing the review for us, much appreciated. I know that you did had a concern of the weather on the day, but it turned out to be an absolutely fantastic day of which i could see that you guys had loads of fun. A big thanks for the support and many thanks for the valuable comments in your review, much appreciated. Looking forward to welcome you guys back sometime soon.
Oslo, Norway
“To trust!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Used Hank for a private transfer and vehicle hire for the day around Cape Point . Both my wife and I and my parents at 81 years was very pleased.
Sunday started with Hank picked me up as agreed at our Guest House in Cape Town at 05:15 for a transfer to a trailrun in Stellenbosch. He had called the day before to confirm the time and place, so I could sleep at ease, safe in the knowledge that I would be picked up as we had agreed on the mail several months earlier. A few hours later he brought the rest of the family. He was 10 minutes late but called and told them, so it was no problem. We had a fantastic day and Hank is a very knowledgeable, neat and nice person. A tip for Hank: If you sit back in the big car, it can sometimes be a bit hard to hear you from the driver's seat. Maybe a microphone / headset could have been a solution in special cases ?
That said, we were very pleased with Hank and Ulungele Tours and would highly recommend his company .

Visited February 2014
Many thanks for taking out the time for writing this review for us, much appreciated. I hope that you have enjoyed your exstended journey into Durban and that the running their was just as good as the one in Stellenbosch. I was not thinking straight on the day to bring with the mike for the van and i do sincerely apologies for any inconvenience caused. Many thanks for the support and looking forward to welcome you guys back to Cape Town someday.