“Don't hesitate to book with Hank” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ulungele Tours & Safari's
Ranked #20 of 324 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Cape Town based Tour Operator Company and offer tours such as: Cape Point with Cape of Good Hope, Wine Lands, Whale Watching, Shark Cage Diving, Full Day and Overnight Safari, The Garden Route, West Coast for the flowers in August & September and also Airport Transfers. All our tours are custom designed so that you can enjoy the freedom and space given to you with the time frame given for the day. We operate daily and can gladly assist with your itinerary from a short visit to a few days of leisure.
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Don't hesitate to book with Hank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We used Ulungele tours for a few transfers and a best of the cape tour during our honeymoon in Cape Town. To start with we were considering hiring a car but in the end we decided to just use Ulungele Tours and we are so glad we did.We really cannot recommend them enough.

From first contact Hank was brilliant and helped us plan our iteniary for our trip. Hank was always on time and his car was immaculate. He was also flexible and nothing was too much trouble, when our shark diving was cancelled due to bad weather he phoned them and rebooked it for us. Hank was very informative and everywhere we drove was pointing things out on the way. What really struck us about Hank though was his passion for his country.

The best of the cape trip was excellent. Hank is an encyclopedia of knowledge I don't think there's a question we asked that he didn't know.

We hope to return to Cape Town one day and will not hesitate to use Ulungele tours.

Visited May 2014
Hank D, Owner at Ulungele Tours & Safari's, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Many thanks for the review that you guys have written for us. It has been an absolute pleasure to have been able to showcase our City and to make you guys feel comfortable and at home when on your honeymoon. Making sure that you have reach each and every place on time and making sure that you get their comfortably was the main goal of our service. It was just a pleasure to have been of great help with rebooking your shark cage diving and i could just think to get you guys sorted because if was within easy access for me to organise it for you. Always a pleasure and looking forward to welcome back the exstended family one day to our City of Cape Town!!! All the best!!!

Helsinki, Finland
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Trip to Inverdoorn with Ulungele Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a trip from Ulungele Tours that included private shuttles from my hotel in Stellenbosch to Inverdoorn and back to Cape Town airport on the next day, one night in luxury chalet in Inverdoorn, two game drives, cheetah encounter and dinner, breakfast and lunch.

My driver, Gerhard, was waiting me at the hotel promptly and we had a nice drives to Inverdoorn and back. We had time to talk about all kinds of things concerning South Africa and my home country during the 2,5 h drives. Only small minus was that there must have been some misunderstanding of the starting time of my first game drive, because I was informed that it leaves at 16:30, but it actually was starting already at 16:00. Luckily we were there at 15:45 so I had time to quickly change my clothes before going for the drive. Otherwise everything went nice and smooth.

Thanks for Ulungele Tours & Hank for arranging the trip! I really enjoyed it and would recommend you to others too.

Visited May 2014
Hank D, Owner at Ulungele Tours & Safari's, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Many thanks for the wondefull review about our service and that we could deliver with great pleasure. I have to apologies for any inconveniece caused for the rushed afternoon game drive when arriving just about in time for it. Unfortunately the Game Reserve reserves the right to change the take off times of the vehicles in the afternoon for the safari because of the seasons that change and also of the weather that could have plaid a role in it. I am in particular very happy that you have made it in time for the afternoon game drive and that you could as well experience the cheetah encounter the next morning. Many thanks for your support and especially some times for the delayes in emails from me. A heartfelt thanks and all the best!! O yes, i have carried over the news to Gerhard for the great and safe driving that he did for you to and from the Game Reserve.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best driver, best service for a private day tour or transfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We used Ulungele Tours several times during our stay in Capetown. Hank, the driver, picked us up from the AirPort. He was right in time and with is his Nice, clean van, he drove to our appartment with all the luggage. Afterwards we asked him to bring us and pick us up during New Years Eve. Nothing is a problem. Hank is very friendly. He knows a lot. You also can book private day tours to the f.e. The winelands. I recommend Ulungele Tours

Visited January 2014
Many thanks for your support during your visit in the December holidays in Cape Town. It was an absolute pleasure making sure that the family has been taking care off and they can sit back and relax and enjoy your stay hassle free. Looking forward to be of assistance in the near future when returning to Cape Town. All the best!!
Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Cape Peninsular Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic day with Hank on his Cape Peninsular day tour. I first got in touch with Hank in November 2013 and from day one Hank went out of his way to help me.

Hank picked us up at our hotel and from the first minute made us feel as if we knew him for years. Hank was very informative, kind, polite and went out of his way to tell us the history of the areas we visited on his tour. His car was spotless and his driving was excellent.

Hank does this tour different to other tour companies and it works very well because we missed the crowds and the queuing in each spot we visited. Hank was very flexible and worked this tour around our interests. We visited all the major sites that we wanted to see on our way like Cape of Good Hope, Simons Town, Cape point and the Penguins. Hank stopped at spots for photographs along the route and we got some of the best photographs of our trip to South Africa here.

He gave us good advice in relation to visiting Table Top Mountain. Hank told us that we should visit Table Top Mountain when it was clearer and suggested we go later that day. So we took his advice and visited it on our way back to Cape Town. Hank firstly rang the information office to check the times of the last cable cart. He then dropped us off at the ticket office on our way back to Cape Town. We went up on a clear day and got the best views. This advice was excellent as the next few days in Cape Town the mountain was covered with clouds.

He also gave me good driving tips and places to see along our route, for the rest of our holiday on the Garden Route.

Our only regret is we didn’t use Hank for our other trips in Cape Town.

We hope to return to Cape Town and South Africa in the future and one thing for sure is we will be using Hank and Ulungele Tours to organise our trip.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mark C
Hank D, Owner at Ulungele Tours & Safari's, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Many thanks for the review, much appreciated. With Cape Town's complicated weather we sometimes do not know where we stand and the mountain can be covered in clouds for days on end. I had to make sure that you guys get at least the best of the day, because the weather was in such a good spirit, i just had to encourage you to do Table Mountain. And it worked out in your favour as it was for the next few days, the weather was not so good. Many thanks for the understanding, support and you guys have made the day a blessed day as well. Best wishes and looking forward to welcome you guys back to Cape Town soon!
UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent Cape Peninsula Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Having travelled from The Eastern Cape along the Garden Route we decided to return our hire car and enjoy some downtime in Cape Town but still wanted to see what was out there. After some time trawling the net and using TA we chose Ulungele Tours as the best option to provide what we were looking for and we were not disappointed.

My wife and I opted for The Cape Peninsula Private Tour. Our guide was Hank Daries the co-owner of he company.

Hank proved not only very knowledgeable of ALL matters South African and beyond but was interesting at the same time. He seemed to know how long you needed to spend at any particular point along the route and answered any questions with factual backing. We saw some magnificent scenery along the way in what was a very full day. It was a delight for me not to do the driving and take it all in.

Hank is very flexible and will work around your wishes. He has a very pleasant manner and seems happy to be engaged in conversation the whole time that he is with you.

From a practical point of view, he is reliable, on time, his vehicle is spotlessly clean and his driving is exemplary.

We booked Hank for our airport transfer at a very competitive rate of ZAR 300.

When we return to South Africa we will definitely look to Ulungele once again to meet our needs.

Visited April 2014
A big thanks for the review of our company, very much appreciated. Many thanks for the feedback, and yes we strive in our business to make sure that our clients needs are met at all times. Making sure that you spend the needed time at a specific place and putting you as the guest in charge of the day is most important to us. I wish you and your wife the very best and many thanks for choosing us to be your operator here in Cape Town.