“Nice suprise.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Nice suprise.”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

After reading about this restaurant in a newspaper article,we went there today.What a very nice meal,the burgers were really gourmet!
I was getting a bit worried as we were the only people there and the food did take some time to come,but I have to say it was well worth the wait and I will certainly go back.

• Visited August 2013

Paris, France
“Very good”
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast there on our last day in Cape Town and all I can say is I'm sorry we didn't find out about it before.. A simple breakfast with eggs, toasts, tomatoes and mushrooms was transformed into an amazing day starter!
Very friendly staff also!

1 Thank fimoreira
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly atmosphere and lovely food”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were staying at a hotel and found this cafe/restaurant by chance when looking for a place to have a light snack and a drink. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was amazing value. I had a superb cajun chicken salad packed with a nuts and the full range of salad ingredients and my husband had a delicious chicken liver pate. After that, we went there every day we were staying in Cape Town either for lunch or an evening drink. A really good find.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Car0le24
West Berkshire
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This place was perfect for my little family. The people that ran it were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We had the steak and for the price it was AMAZING, especially as in England you'd pay triple the price. Linde balls for desert were soooo lush. If I were to go back to Sea Point, we would definitely make a point of stopping there again :)

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Rebecca P
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Friends have been visiting Experanza for the last few weeks and today was my first opportunity and I am really glad I went!

The ostrich burger was awesome! It is not just the meat, it is beautifully presented and the accompaniments just set it off superbly!

The relaxed environment on the main road makes it easy to find and drop in! The menu looks great and we were welcomed like old friends and it was only my first visit! I felt very welcome and comfortable!

I tried the home made chocolate cake for dessert, which was to die for!

I'm looking forward to going back! No pomp and ceremony here!

Great home cooking served with a touch of class!

• Visited October 2012