“Fantastic”

Fly Cape Town Paragliding
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer tandem paragliding flights in Cape Town, South Africa from Lions head and Signal Hill.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Well worth the money! had loads of fun! must definitely get they video they do for you, it's much better than you think it is... will surely do it again if I had another chance!!!

1  Thank Hsu S
flycapetownparaglide, Owner at Fly Cape Town Paragliding, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for the kind words, we would love to share the Cape Town skies with you again soon!

The Fly Cape Town Paragliding Team

Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the point of liftoff, the ride was exciting, exhilarating but yet so peaceful. At every moment the ride felt safe with the experience of their pilots.
The birds eye view of the coastline was amazing.
The pilots made the experience of the ride an unforgettable one.
Thanks guys.......

1  Thank DannyG76r
Reviewed 5 May 2014

What a view! Had an amazing jump of Lions Head as the wind was not ideal off Signal Hill. Beautiful (but hard on the legs) walk up to the top and breathtaking views. Felt amazingly safe and was such a great experience. Thanks also to the guys (Stephan was one, cant remember the other) for the beers at the pub after! You guys rock and I'm very envious of your job! Keep up the great work. Couldn't fault it!

1  Thank 88Ash88
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cape Town has got to be one of the most naturally beautiful cities in the world, so I can think of no better way to appreciate its splendour than by silently flying over it on a paragliding trip. Being the adrenaline junky I am, it was a chance not just to get the heart pumping, but also to get some unique views of Cape Town usually reserved for the lucky few that can afford a pricey helicopter flight.

I booked my paragliding adventure with Fly Cape Town, a small and experienced company offering a variety of trips from Signal Hill, starting from the very attractive price of ZAR950 (£45). After being collected from my nearby hotel by the owner Stephan, I was whisked to the launch point close to Lions Head, part of the famous Table Mountain National Park, before donning our equipment and harness, and we were off, as quickly as that! We very quickly left the edge of the hill, rapidly gaining height from the columns of rising air heated by the intense African sun. The views take in the impressive ‘City Bowl’ bordered by Table Mountain, Signal Hill and Lions’ head, right around to Camps Bay and over towards the infamous Robben Island. After about 20 minutes of gentle soaring we tracked towards our landing point over the top of the glamorous Bantry Bay, loosing height with some gut-renchingly tight acrobatic turns above the ocean before touching down just behind by the waterfront.

The trip is very professionally run, and the guys are excellent at what they do, with many many years of experience behind them. The photos and videos are absolutely one of a kind, and of excellent quality. DO NOT leave Cape Town without a paragliding trip under your belt!

(More photos and videos available at http://travelsofaflightattendant.com/2014/04/15/cape-town-paragliding-over-table-mountain-national-park/)

2  Thank Matt_Gutteridge
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Loved it. They were super accommodating and a pleasure to fly with. The actual jump itself was breathtaking! Exciting and beautiful.

Can't say it wasn't scary though!! We jumped from Lion's Head which is high (not the highest I've jumped) but it's weird to look over a city and say, "yeah, i'm going to jump there."

I would highly recommend.