“Finally found The Best Pizza in Cape Town!”
Review of Big Route

Big Route
Ranked #92 of 1,147 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great gourmet Pizza, craft beer, local wine. Big Route Pizzeria offers a unique experience for families and friends! Also for a quite business lunch! A great experience for easy dining and socializing with people from all around the world. Big Route has become in a very short time one of the most popular spots for all Italians to have their favourite thin base light pizza with true Italian ingredients. Free Wi-Fi all day! Free parking! Lounge area available for birthdays and all functions.
Cape Town, South Africa
“Finally found The Best Pizza in Cape Town!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

After months of searching we finally found The Best Pizza in Cape Town!!!!!!
The place is comfortable and cosmopolitan. The staff are friendly and efficient. The menu is extensive and caters for all types.
The salads were fresh and tasty.
The portion sizes are spot on.
THE PIZZAS ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
Bravo to Big Route.

1 Thank miz_ferreira

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big group for Big Route”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Ashville College Girls Hockey and Netball teams would like to say a huge thank you to Big Route for wonderful food, great service and a welcoming atmosphere. We have loved our two visits, and what's to say we won't be back tomorrow night?! Top quality pizza, pasta and salad. Would recommend to anyone!! Thank you!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CJBME2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza, hands down”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Being half Italian, I have to say that I consider myself a pizza connoisseur. Big Route has absolutely the best pizza in Cape Town in my opinion! One of the few times in my life that I finished an entire pizza, no problem! Lovely, friendly service and a great atmosphere.
The only thing I could say is that the menu is fairly confusing, but it's because there are so many delicious options! You just have to do a bit of reading.

1 Thank NolaVig
Cape Town, South Africa
“how much is one expected to pay/tip!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Placed an order for a takeaway, on collection was asked how much I was expecting to pay, which seemed odd as I assumed the total cost would be for the meal, didn't think for one minute I would be inclined to pay a tip considering I did not eat in. It was just two pizza's amounting to R134, when asked the question how much was I going to pay, I felt as though I HAD to oblige a tip which I suggested R150 only to get a reply of it costing R134!! Surely R150 covered a 10% tip on this occassion it seemed not as the waitress had to point out that it was R134!! So I said make it R160 eventually it was accepted, I've never encountered this sort of behavior before
is this the normal procedure as far as Big Route treat customer's who arrive for takeaway's?

Being a Guest House owner in the area I most certainly won't be sending my guest's to this establishment anymore!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank simonpte
Cape Town, South Africa
“Best Pizza in Cape Town”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Big Route has amazing food and atmosphere; excellent service and lovely staff! I will definitely be back again.

• Visited June 2014