“Different”

Baraka Gifts and Decor
More attraction details
Owner description: Baraka Gifts and Decor will take you on an inspiring journey to a dreamworld filled with an eclectic mix of arts, crafts, jewellery, decor and much more! We also sell vintage and antique items because we believe retro design is still very relevant today. At Baraka you will find a range of handmade leather notebooks and photo albums, hand crochet hats, shell and driftwood spoons, affordable jewellery, out-of-the-box art, quirky once-off pieces, unusual non-curio African goods, Panama hats, handbags, hand-woven Zulu baskets made from recycled telephone wire – and the biggest selection of scarves in Cape Town, to mention but a few. Our vision is to afford you an extraordinary shopping experience at very affordable prices. Baraka's loyal customers refer to the shop as a “treasure trove” and “the little shop with the big heart”. But you have to experience it for yourself!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I found an awesome set of salad spoons for my moms friend that allowed me stay with her while in JHB. They are hand crafted from shells and drift wood. She was so thrilled with them I went back and got her the sugar spoon too. And beleive me she is not an easy lady to please.

4  Thank justineale

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Baraka is in the Old Cape Quarter, just across Dixon St from the new Cape Quarter, & was a great find, for anywhere, a gem for South Africa. It was some funky artwork in the window when we walked past at night that caught our eye. We went back to do our final gift shopping before heading home to Australia we found more art and a great selection of all sorts of great stuff. I wanted to buy gifts for friends and family that had some real essence of South Africa but weren't just the standard tourist trinkets. It was a great joy to find exactly what I had hoped for, and more, in one delightful shop. It also meant that I found gifts for myself that have that essence too. Gavin was the perfect host, and happily provided us with the information about and/or provenance of the objects we were interested in, and to discuss how they could package art/objects to make it easier to get them home. Their support of quality local artists added real highlights to their stock, and to our shopping. We were lucky enough to meet 2 of the artists whilst we were there (one of the advantages of taking our time to hunt through the shop!). We are really grateful for the experience, and for our treasures of South Africa that we have both passed on to our special people and kept for ourselves.

5  Thank Art0fStu
Gavin T, Owner at Baraka Gifts and Decor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We are glad that our bright art in the window caught your eye! We are friends with most of the artists (and suppliers) whose work we stock, so you will often find them hanging out in the shop with us :-)
We are also glad that you liked our selection of gift items. We try hard to source interesting stuff that you do not find everywhere.
Hope to welcome you back to South Africa and our shop ;-) soon

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed.Not alot of stock and not really a gift shop.In the area two other worth while places to go to and a nice restaurant.

2  Thank Koba K

Dear Koba K,
I am sorry that you did not like our shop.
But I just want to be sure that it is "Baraka Gifts & Decor" you were in and that you are not perhaps confusing us for another shop..... because in your comment you say: "Not alot of stock and not really a gift shop" ....
Our shop has more than 2000 different gift items in it, and is probably the best stocked gift shop in Cape Town. We get new stock in at least twice a week, and it is so full that it is literally stacked to the ceiling :-)
Please pop in again and join us for a cup of coffee :-)
wishing you kindness, happiness and love on your life's journey

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been frequenting the bright and happy Baraka Gifts & Decor often, as I live close by. It is still the best gift shop in Cape Town by far. They have a huge selection and they cater for locals and tourists. It is amazingly curated by the friendly two owners. When you step into the shop it feels like you walk into a fantasy world. I bring all my foreign guest here and they all love it and end up buying most of their presents to take home here. Baraka is really well priced by Cape Town standards. The whole historic De Waterkant area is in a lovely central part of town. It is great to wander around the cobble stoned colourful neighbourhood. Much nicer than the very commercial and overpriced Waterfront area.

5  Thank Jolene A
Gavin T, Owner at Baraka Gifts and Decor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

hi Jolene,
Thank you so much for your loyal support. We feel blessed to have so many locals supporting our business.
Hope to see you for many more years.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

There are so many unique items here that its difficult to choose just one. I went in looking for gifts and left with a number of items for myself. :) Gavin was extremely gracious and helpful. He has a detailed knowledge of every item. And, last but not least, the prices are very reasonable.

5  Thank PrometheanAltruist

Thank you so much for doing your gift shopping at Baraka! Glad you liked our selection! Hope to see you soon!