“Run Gugulethu”

US$45.15*
and up
Historical City Running Tour of Cape Town
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer personalised,guided running tours through the streets and neighbourhoods of Cape Town,with an accredited Western Cape Tourist Guide. Choose your route,from historic city centre tours to more scenic coastal or mountain trails. Put on your sneakers and join us in exploring Cape Town in a unique, safe and healthy way, on the run!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had a great run with Vince from Run Cape Town and learnt a lot about Gugulethu.
Vince was wonderful, honest, and warm-hearted tour guide.
I had a good time running in the town and enjoying good meat at Mzoli's.

it was one of the most memorable experiences.
I appreciate Philippa made a schedule for me.
I would definitely do this again next time I am there.
Thanks Philippa and Vince. I had a great time! !

Jun
Japan

1  Thank Jun O
Run_Cape_Town, Owner at Run Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi Jun! We're so glad you decided to join Vince for a running tour of "Gugs", & even happier that you had such a great time! It was wonderful meeting you & we hope you come back to Cape Town one day so that we can explore some more of the city with you, on the run ;)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Sean took four of us out on a 12K run and it was a great experience! Two of the people in our group aren't even runners but Sean maintained a pace they could handle and they really enjoyed the experience. He was a great tour guide. Very knowledgable about the history of Cape Town and South Africa, about the city itself and because he's a journalist, he also offers a unique local perspective. We really felt like we got a good sense of the city and saw things that we might not have seen otherwise. This was my first time doing a running tour of a city but from now on, it's something I'll be looking for everywhere I travel. I highly recommend booking a tour with Run Cape Town.

1  Thank Lynn A
Run_Cape_Town, Owner at Run Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi Lynn, we're so glad to hear you all had such a great time with Sean on your Run Cape Town city running tour! Here's to many more exciting running adventures in other cities - remember to go to www.gorunningtours.com if you're looking for other running tour operators in other cities! Safe travels & happy running :)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I had a great 12k run with Sean from Run Cape Town. We saw all the highlights of the city and got a great historical and local perspective. The run helped orient us to the city while also showing us some sights we would have otherwise missed. Great route, great pace - loved it!

Run_Cape_Town, Owner at Run Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

James, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your city run - running through the streets is a wonderful way to explore our Mother City - thanks for the wonderful feedback!
Keep up the running! The Run Cape Town Team :)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Philippa Jephson is a wonderful ambassador and guide for Cape Town. I enjoyed two runs with her. May 7 was a Historical Running tour of Cape Town. She is well prepared with water, first aid and taking pictures. She gave a wonderful overview about the city's history and beauty. We even saw the draw bridge go up (first for her). My second run with Philippa was in the Gugs township. Vincent was the run leader - a local resident who gave a marvellous overview of life in this township post Apartheid. We were joined on the run by locals from Cape Town and the Gugs as well as children from the township along the route. An educational, motivating and truly treasured experience. Thank you PhiIippa and Vincent. recommend to all runners who visit Cape Town!

Run_Cape_Town, Owner at Run Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to come for these 2 running tours with us Dianne! It was such fun meeting & running with someone all the way from White Rock, Canada, and I know that I, as well as the other runners who joined the Gugs run, were totally inspired by you & your achievement of completing a marathon/half marathon on every continent - WOW! We are so happy we were able to provide you with these interesting & beautiful running tours whilst you were in Cape Town for your African continent experience ... Keep up the running & stay in touch!
Best wishes, Philippa & the Run Cape Town Team ;)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

In town on work trip and wanted to keep up my running. Booked two runs: a park/waterfront run and a pre work Table Mountain trail. So different and both excellent. Phillipa took me through the city and to the beachfront in time to see a spectacular sunset. What an awesome way to rid the jetlag! Interesting tour information and such a friendly guide! Sean led me up the mountain. That was my highlight of the trip. Started at dawn with loads of cloud and it cleared once up to reveal capetown. The trail up there was simply magic. Thanks Sean! I wont forget this trip. Without these tours i wouldn't have done either of those runs. thanks for a great service!

Run_Cape_Town, Owner at Run Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Kelly, we're so glad you chose to keep up your running with us at Run Cape Town while you were in the Mother City! And you certainly got to see ALL that CT has to offer in terms of weather - beautiful, warm city sunset run AND a cloudy, misty path up onto Table Mountain - I'm so glad the clouds lifted to reveal the awesome views from up there! Keep up the running when you get back to Adelaide & keep us posted with stories of your imminent sailing adventures ... they sound SO exciting! Best wishes, the Run CT Team :)