“Beautiful Beer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super Cool Beer Tour

Super Cool Beer Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: SuperCoolBeerTour is a halfday beer tour around central Cape Town.We have a amazing beer culture in South Africa and guess what our no1 national drink is...beer! Cape Town is the Craftbeer capitol of Africa with some great brewing history and we also have the most microbreweries than any other city! Enjoy this halfday tour with us by visiting 4 Breweries scattered around the city...to taste some of their locally brewed Beers! We visit 3 Microbreweries and 1 Macro Brewer to taste and compare their tasty Beers. Located in off the beaten track locations like Woodstock, Saltriver and newlands, you will not only learn everything about our beer heritage, but also some great attractions and places with great stories along the way. Your guide will share all the info, stories and point out some cool stuff as well!
Cape Town, South Africa
“Beautiful Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great experience and a awesome day for friends around the City with a very passionate and informed guide . Tasted some amazing Craft Beer , from IPA's to Stout's and paired these with some amazing food . Realy enjoyed the history behind Beer and loved the modern Craft Brewery tour.

Do IT !

Visited August 2014
Pureafrican, Owner at Super Cool Beer Tour, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hi Bryan
Thanks a lot for the nice comment regarding my tour. its always nice to hear that even locals enjoy our local tours. We keep up with the times and participate in this era of craftbeer. I will invite you once i visit some more micro breweries on my tour.There's 2 opening up this month already!!
Best regards and enjoy your beer!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly surprised!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

What can I say - this guy knows his stuff!!!

While I'm not one for the main-stream beer factory visits (that we started off with), I think as time goes on he will be able to focus on craft beer micro-breweries only on the tour. South Africa does have quite a bit of history though when it comes to beer and has purchased some big names you'd be surprised to hear - so hats off to him for taking me there anyway.... ;)

Moving on - we hit some up and coming home-brewing suppliers, micro-brweries, and got and awesome South Africa/Cape Town tour and history along with it. The Woodstock area was really my favorite and I love almost any IPA!!! The food and beer pairing at Dove's Peak Brewery (take the tour and you'll see what I did there) was ON POINT to say the least - my mouth is watering right now just typing this!!! Yummmm to the maxx.

If you miss out on this tour during your visit - you will regret it. Once girl where we stayed went back to back 2 days in a row.. What a trooper..

Hi Bernard!
I"m very pleased about your opinion! I strive to share our culture (of which beer is 90% :-) with you guys! Thank you for the compliment regarding my beer knowledge. I take knowledge very serious and its important to give you the correct info! i will always strive to have up to date info and are qualifying myself further in Beer. My next step is to get my beer judge accreditation! You were really great, best regards and enjoy your beer!
Wellington, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beer,Beer and More Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Awesome tour and excellent guide, great to get a bit of history and local info aswell as plenty of good beers...highly reccomended

Visited August 2014
Pureafrican, Owner at Super Cool Beer Tour, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Hi Gareth. Great to know you had fun and experienced more than just beer in Cape Town! Have fun with your Overlanding up to Cairo! Happy journey mate, Cheers!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Super Cool indeed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you want to experience something unique, quirky, fascinating and fun go on this tour!! Excellent beer, excellent food, excellent guide and excellent sites in Cape Town. I loved all the sites along the way, from unique Woodstock with the best street art and little hidden gems to the stunning steampunk splendour that is Devils Peak and even the well known Newlands brewery.
The guide (a local) is extremely knowledgable and friendly with a great knowledge of additional things to do and see in Cape Town. They collect you where you stay (in the city) which I found extremely useful.
I highly recommend this tour. The easiest is to book telephonically, then you can arrange pickup directly with the guide.

Hi Richard
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and experience of our tour. I am very happy that you got more than just tasting beers! We do travel through some less seen spots in Cape Town which is cool! Its good to know that you guys do enjoy it! Take care and enjoy your CraftBeers!!
Cape Town, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing tour !!!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

this tour was amazing !! the tour guide was friendly and he makes the tour interesting and unique. You can enjoy it a lot !!!!!! it is a different experience. On the tour, I tasted really good food and I met great people!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ana_maq
Pureafrican, Owner at Super Cool Beer Tour, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for the nice review Ana!! It is very motivating to me if you guys are having a good time and experiencing real South African culture and beer! Enjoy the rest of your visit in Cape Town!
Cheers!