“NO AIR SUPPLY AS STATED!!!!”

GoSharkDiving - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: GoSharkDiving has already established itself as a premier shark diving tour operator for Southern Africa. We are able to offer you the convenience of a one-stop, tailormaking holiday service.We will take you right up close to the ocean's most vicious predators on unforgettable diving experiences... See up to 18 different shark species off South Africa's coastline. From the stormy Atlantic Ocean - home to the Great White Shark - to the balmy Indian Ocean ....
Uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NO AIR SUPPLY AS STATED!!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We booked our trip with go sharkdiving.com as they stated on their website that we would have a constant air supply feed whilst we were in the cage, this is MOST DEFINATELY NOT THE CASE,regardless what companies they use,reading the other reviews, NO companies they use has an air supply feed. Go sharkdiving.com are FALSE ADVERTISING,we went with supreme sharks company who were to be fair a very good company, we had breakfast and lunch and food on the boat, we did get a dvd although there price was R250 and not R350 as gosharkdiving.com asked us to pay, we did see sharks and The Supreme Shark Company were extremely polite and helpful which made for an excellent trip, the only downside was that we had to keep coming up for air whilst in the cage, I suggest that if you are going shark diving DONT use gosharkdiving.com but use an independent company instead as you do actually get what you pay for !!!!

4 Thank Stillmore

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you like feeling secure about your booked trip, RUN someplace else.”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

IF you want peace of mind, use another operator. I had a limited time on South Africa and booked a shark dive, safari and a regular dive with http://www.gosharkdiving.com/. My last dive was cancelled due to bad weather. By no means am I blaming the weather on http://www.gosharkdiving.com/. However, I was told via email at 6:00 PM the day before. My whole trip was needed to be rescheduled. I called the office and was told that they’ll get back to me. Never happened. The following day I called and asked what is going to done and if they can call me. The office policy is that they do not make long distance phone calls and had to wait for an email. (They forget that I paid for long distant charges calling them) It was too late to call another operator, so I wasted a day waiting for http://www.gosharkdiving.com/.
I finally received the email that I was scheduled for a shark dive. I asked specifically about surface supplied air before the trip. “Sure, just make sure you have a certification card”- That didn't happen. I had my “bopping like an apple” dive with the Shark Lady. Shark lady adventures was excellent. Shark lady told me that surface supplied air needs to be arranged through them. I guess advertising “surface supplied air” at http://www.gosharkdiving.com/ is a misnomer.
Lastly, I met a diver my first day at the hotel. After a brief discussion, she wanted to go shark diving with “surface supplied air”. I emailed http://www.gosharkdiving.com/ (way before my 6:00 PM cancellation email). “Yes, just give us her information and we will book it”. That was the only thing that http://www.gosharkdiving.com/ did perfectly- collect fees.
I made the mistake and put my whole trip in the hands of http://www.gosharkdiving.com/. For two days, I was skeptical about being picked up, expecting something not as advertised or getting an email that something happened. Not a good feeling when your time is limited on vacation in a foreign country.
Just in case you were wondering. I’m still waiting for my refund on the cancelled dive. (going on three months)

Visited November 2013
4 Thank gkdiver
Cologne, Germany
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Did not keep their promises”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We went on their one day trip advertised on their webpage (www.gosharkdiving.com)

They promised a certificate and constant air supply, neither was available. So you had to hold your breath to view the shark instead. I was not able to see anything under water, although I did see the shark from the boat when the previous groups were in the water.

We were rushed into and out of the cage. They advertised a time in the water of up to half an hour. In fact it was barely enough to get wet (maybe two minutes), which somehow matched their description, although the expectation was different. It took quite a while to attract the shark and when they were there we were rushed through the cage just to be told that the next group was waiting.

It seems that the webpage is a front for several companies. We went with the company "shark lady". Unlike as advertised on their webpage they do three trips a day, hence the rush.

If you want to see a shark from the boat this trip might be o.k. For a real underwater experience two minutes in a cage without a real sight this did not match my expectations. Actually the shark was circling around the cage but they did not leave us the time to get a proper look.

The guys in the previous group got lucky. However, their experience was also limited to a 5 second sighting. If that is what your after go ahead.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank unfugmail-trip
GoSharkDiving, Manager at GoSharkDiving - Day Tours, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review. I would just like to take the opportunity that respond to your review. The last few weeks we have had unseasonal bad weather with lots of days unfortunately being cancelled due to bad weather and sever sea conditions. We had to move clients onto different boats to accommodate everyone that booked and were able to reschedule. This was the same situation with all operators. We know that a lot of people come to Cape Town especially to see a great white shark in its natural surroundings and we try our best to accommodate.

All operators in Gansbaai do 2 trips a day and on some occasions they will do 3. Some of the boats take up to 40 people out per trip.

Sorry that you experience did not meet your expectation. Please forward me your name and email address and I will gladly forward you a voucher for future use. You can either use yourself or alternatively forward to one of your friends to experience.
Medina, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience even though conditions was a bit rough”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had a few days of bad weather in Cape Town and was lucky to be able to do this trip the last day of our holiday. So glad that we were able to fit this in. The waves were still a bit high, bit we were all able to achieve one of life dreams and come eye to eye with a great white sharks. Highly recommend this to any visitor to Cape Town that loves outdoors. The cage dive is very safe and controlled and we never felt scared. Just SUPER thrilled!!!

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Jean R
Heraklion, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They don't "give" what they advertise !!!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We booked a cage diving trip, for August 2013, via their web page : http://www.gosharkdiving.com/one-day-trips/shark-alley-express .

We were supposed to dive with constant air suply -we are certified divemaster divers- as they advirtise and as we asked for BEFORE BOOKING, but when we where on the boat the told us that they don't have constant air supply.

They ruined our dive as we couldn't stay underwater for a long time and watch the shark, considering the bad visibility !!!

They also advertise about Certificates which we never had, even and after one month asking for them !!!

Their excuse is that after we booked with them, they booked us (like forward ) to another company, and the blame is to the other company .!!!!

But I paid them !!!